Bug Detective by Maggie Li

Bug Detective

by Maggie Li

197537,190 (4)None

Bug Detective is a book that lets children explore different types of bugs. This book highlights the major parts of a bugs such as their movements. The author gives details of the different bugs within the book along with pictures of the bugs individualized life cycles. This book is great for children who have a liking towards bugs and want to learn more about them in a creative and fun way. ( )
  emmmyjane | Oct 18, 2017 |
Summary:
This informative book is great for bug lovers and nonbug lovers. Even those who do not like bugs can still learn about a wide variety of creepy crawlers to beautiful butterflies. This book gives a brief description of each and then shows a picture to go with.

Personal Experience:
I have never been scared of bugs because I have always been more fascinated with them instead. When I see a bug I have never seen before I will get so close so I can see if better.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1.) Have each student pick different bugs and write a paper about them and present it to the class.

2.) Get a field trip approved to take students to a bug museum to experience these insects in person. ( )
  Jasmine.Afable | Dec 1, 2016 |
I love how interactive this book is! It has "missions" where the author instructs the student to go outside and explore certain things. This book comes with a magnifying glass that students use to explore insects around them. I love the illustrations of this book as well. There are fun facts and silly illustrations that keep children engaged. ( )
  celutz8191 | Oct 16, 2016 |
this is a fun informational book for children that teaches them about different types of bugs while keeping their attention with excitement and a prop!

I remember always wanting this book during reading time when I was a kid. It was a lot of fun to read a book that also came with a
"toy."

this book can help children learn about insects. it can teach simple things about all kinds of different bugs from the way they look to what they do.
  Franki3 | Jul 26, 2016 |
This is a good informational text for young readers for two reasons. First, it uses very descriptive language when describing the many types of bugs. From spiders to butterflies, it hooks readers into learning. Second, it has many cool informational text features. The illustrations are eye-catching, and it even provides a magnifying glass so that students can get an even deeper understanding of bugs. ( )
  KatherineNelson | May 3, 2016 |

"From creepy-crawly beetles and scary spiders to beautiful butterflies, this playful guide will reach out and grab bug-crazy kids! Funny, picture-packed pages provide tons of information on bug habitat, feeding rituals, predators, and more, while each spread focuses on one creature-like bees or centipedes--with a brief introduction and facts scattered brightly everywhere. Plus, the book comes with a magnifying glass embedded in the cover, so budding "detectives" can complete the "missions" they'll find throughout, along with additional activities in the back."-- From Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,694,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible