Vendetta by Lisa Harris

This book is a tough read since it deals with a missing girl named Bridget who met someone on the internet. Nikki Boyd has joined the Missing Persons Task Force after her sister, Sarah, went missing 10 years ago. She is now in charge of trying to find Bridget. Her best friend's husband, Tyler, decides to help her as his pregnant wife and friend of Nikki has died in a drowning a year ago. They both know what it feels like to miss a family member. The search takes them to the Shenandoah National State Park in Tennessee. When the serial killer makes it a personal vendetta against Nikki, the tension builds and leaves you on the edge of your seat and pages flying in order to find out if Bridget will ever be found. The book is full of twists and turns and the action is fast-paced. I am now looking forward to reading the next book in the series. I would highly recommend this book to those who love romantic suspense. ( )
  EadieB | Apr 6, 2017 |
If you like suspense, mystery, a little romance, and a clean novel this book is for you! I thoroughly enjoyed reading Vendetta. Lisa Harris is another author that I am going to follow. Her characters are well developed and strong. The story connects all the way to the end and keeps you guessing. From the first page I was engaged which is important to me. The theme of missing persons really interested me and Lisa shows many sides of that trauma. I highly recommend Vendetta and Lisa Harris to other readers!

I received a copy of Vendetta by Net Galley for my honest opinion which I have given. ( )
  sh2rose | Sep 6, 2016 |
The day Nikki Boyds' life changed forever was the day her sister Sarah turned up missing ten years ago. It is not something you forget or get over. As a special agent for the Tennessee Missing Persons a task Firce, Nikki now finds people for a living. She likes her job and along the way, she hopes to find out what happened to her sister. The not knowing is the hardest thing to live with. You can let your imagination go crazy, but she needs to stay grounded.

One day while off work Nikki get a call that a girl is missing. With the help of her friend Tyler they start their investigation . As they dig deeper into the case, Nikki finds a link to her sister's case. The question is could this be the same person who took both her sister and the missing girl they are investigating? I loved the action and the twists and turns of the story. The character development is quite good and the intense scenes are a sure way to keep the reader intrigued . It is not a book you want to put down, until the last page is read.

The relationship between Nikki and Tyler is a definite attention grabber. As the story continues, you feel like you are in a maze trying to find your way out. Just as you think you have the mystery figured out, you hit a dead end and the the suspense builds until you find yourself on the edge of your seat . The author has done an amazing job of writing a story that grips you from the beginning and takes you on a roller coaster ride of sheer intrigue at its very best.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for an honest review. ( )
  Harley0326 | Jan 25, 2016 |
Missing persons investigator Nikki Boyd brings an extra empathy to her cases, since it was her own sister’s disappearance that led her to this career. Ten years after the fact, logic says her sister can’t still be alive when the other victims have been found dead, but Nikki’s heart won’t give up hope.

When Nikki and her friend Tyler are called to investigate a missing teen girl, it doesn’t take long for similarities in the case to make Nikki wonder if her sister’s abductor is back in action after years of silence. If it’s the same man, he’s grown sloppy. Or he’s playing with them.

Vendetta is a fast-paced, well-plotted novel, as Nikki, Tyler and their team race the clock to find the missing girl. A large part of the chase is set in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

As always, author Lisa Harris gives us lifelike characters with issues of their own. Nikki can’t let her personal pain affect her investigation, no matter what mind games the abductor plays. And Tyler’s still grieving for his dead wife, who’d been Nikki’s best friend. Nikki and Tyler are both struggling to know where God is in their hurts.

Although the novel is a really good read, I didn’t feel as drawn in as I did with the author’s Southern Crimes series. There may be too many flashback scenes, snippets of Nikki’s past, or perhaps it’s the number of characters. I did have trouble keeping the search team and volunteers straight, although the narrative only focused on a few. Nonetheless, Vendetta is the start of a new series I’d definitely recommend.

Award-winning author Lisa Harris has written almost 30 books, including the Southern Crimes series (Dangerous Passage, Fatal Exchange, and Hidden Agenda.) She and her family are missionaries living in Mozambique. For more about the author and her books, visit lisaharriswrites.com.

[Review copy provided by the publisher.] ( )
  JanetSketchley | Nov 23, 2015 |
This book kept me on the edge of my seat. I started reading it while on our family vacation, but you know how family vacations are. You think you are going to get so much read, but in the end the fellowship draws you and you can't do both. I have to say though, don't read this book if you are vacationing in the Smokey Mountains! 'Nough said!

Nikki Boyd is an agent on the Tennessee Missing Persons Task Force, driven by the fact that her own sister came up missing ten years prior. Nikki has been searching for years, memorizing every detail of the files and each abductor, hoping that one day she will find her sister's abductor. Within just the first few chapters, Nikki is assigned to a new task. A young girl has gone missing and Nikki knows she doesn't have much time. The emotional ties to the case threaten to destroy her. And no one expects what is about to happen next. Could this be her sister's killer? Will she finally have the answers she has searched for?

The story kept a steady fast pace. Lisa has a talent for suspense and mystery. The end kind of threw me a bit, as I didn't expect the twist that came. I did however kind of pin the perpetrator before he was actually revealed, but honestly it could have been a number of characters. I enjoyed the underlying faith theme. It was there, but not overly discussed. At one point however, Nikki and Tyler (her close friend) have a discussion about how the tragedies in their lives affected their faith and how they view God. Both Nikki and Tyler have experienced loss. That loss has developed a bond between them. There are some subtle romantic undertones, but the book is not full of mushy romance, and I like that! I am more for reality, a slow blossoming love, than a rush of feelings and head over heels type stuff.

If you enjoy a good mystery, I am sure you will enjoy this book! I have read several other books Lisa has written and enjoyed them all! This book ends well, but also leaves the doors open for blossoming love and another case. Can't wait to read the next book in the Nikki Boyd Files.

I received this book from Revell in exchange for my honest opinion
  AimeeSeasons | Nov 20, 2015 |

No one needs to push Nikki Boyd to excel on the Tennessee Missing Person Task Force. The case of her own missing sister, still unsolved after ten years, is the driving force in her work. When a Polaroid photo of a missing girl shows up at a crime scene, Nikki quickly recognizes similarities to the past. The closer she gets to the abductor, the more she feels that this case is getting personal, and that she is not the hunter at all--but actually the one being hunted.

With this explosive first book in the new Nikki Boyd Files, Lisa Harris takes readers on a fast-paced pursuit of justice that will have them holding their breath until the heart-stopping finish.

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 22 Aug 2015 16:23:00 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,989,042 books! | Top bar: Always visible