A Fool and His Monet: A Serena Jones Mystery…

A Fool and His Monet: A Serena Jones Mystery (Serena Jones Mysteries)

by Sandra Orchard

I enjoyed reading Sandra Orchard’s A Fool & His Monet! This was an entertaining mystery that kept me guessing the likely culprit until the very end! My suspicion was wrong, as there were a couple of sketchy suspects, but the joy in reading this novel was truly in guessing who stole the artwork! Surprisingly, I found myself laughing throughout the book! I love a book that has humor with a writing style that is easy to read.

Serena Jones is the main protagonist in the story. She is a twenty-eight year old FBI agent on the Art Crime team. As a special agent, Serena constantly finds herself in trouble and tasked with solving the art museum’s latest theft does not lessen it. In search for the Monet, she crosses paths with some powerful people, who may need to silence her. Not only must she recover the painting, she also has to deal with a worrisome mother and wannabe detective, Aunt Martha, whose antics frequently force Serena to the rescue. If that is not enough to drive her mad, a recent criminal she put away posted bail and is nowhere to be found. So many twists and turns! Now, understandably, these mounting troubles cause her to wonder in amusement if she should have just listened to her mother – who would love nothing more for Serena than to marry and give her grandchildren! That seems like the much easier route – except Serena does not give up easily.

The faith content is very light. Serena attends a church service and her family recites grace before eating, neither of which are expressed in detail. Also, a few times she wished in her head for God to rescue her from dangerous situations. As for other content, there is no heavy detailed romance.

A Fool & His Monet is perfect for enthusiastic mystery readers and this book is pretty clean and suitable for both teens and adults. There are many twists and turns but not enough to induce a headache – you will be thoroughly entertained! ( )
  HerChristianBooks | Sep 11, 2017 |
A Fool and His Monet amuses, makes you read late into the night, and hope there are more books in the series. Sandra Orchard creates delightful characters and suspenseful plots. Serena Jones is on the FBI Art Crime Scene which seems fairly inoucuous but she's determined to find who killed her grandfather. Even her aunt gets in the mix and suggests clues. If you are looking for a fun story but a page turner this one's for you!
I received a copy of A Fool and His Monet from Net Galley in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  sh2rose | Sep 6, 2016 |
A Fool and His Monet is a wonderful read. The FBI is presented in a slightly softer manner than you regularly see on television, which is what makes it great. There is more humanity and the story is just as exciting as what you see on television. This is where the beauty of Christian fiction shines. The action, tension, and the mystery are never compromised and you don’t have to worry about unnecessary language and violence entering your mind and heart.

My favorite character in A Fool and His Monet is definitely Mr. Sutton. He always has a new word to share with his fellow tenants. Each day a word and it’s definition is given followed by a reminder to use it three times in a sentence right away to help with retention. Pusillanimous was one of his words. Mr. Sutton is just one of the interesting characters that Sandra Orchard brings to life. Several of which, such as Mr. Sutton, live in the same brownstone as our protagonist Serena Jones. In fact, Orchard has surrounded Serena with quite a number of fascinating people. Characters that you will enjoy getting to know.

All in all, Orchard has written a witty and delightful mystery with a wee bit of romance thrown in along with a whole lot of people watching each others backs. Pick it up.

I received a review copy in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. My thanks to the author and publisher.

For all of my reviews visit my blog at http://www.blessedandbewildered.com ( )
  ZoeSchoppa | Jul 14, 2016 |
A Fool and His Monet
Sandra Orchard

Book Summary: Serena Jones has a passion for recovering lost and stolen art--one that's surpassed only by her zeal to uncover the truth about the art thief who murdered her grandfather. She's joined the FBI Art Crime Team with the secret hope that one of her cases will lead to his killer. Now, despite her mother's pleas to do something safer--like get married--Serena's learning how to go undercover to catch thieves and black market traders. When a local museum discovers an irreplaceable Monet missing, Jones leaps into action. The clues point in different directions, and her boss orders her to cease investigating her most promising suspect. But determined to solve the case and perhaps discover another clue in her grandfather's murder, she pushes ahead, regardless of the danger. With spunk, humor, and plenty of heart-stopping moments, Sandra Orchard gives readers an exciting string of cases to crack and a character they'll love to watch solve them.

Review : I loved this book!!! It starts off with a bang and flows from there. Serena is every woman: strong, secure, insecure, attractive, a daughter and a friend! It was a great introduction to a new series. The secondary story to bring the read up to date on who Serena was and the history she had with many of the secondary characters were well written and just enough to leave me wanting more. Serena was complex and had great depth. The story ends with the major current case resolved, but the case involving her grandfather is just starting. This is a double story line and I loved it!!! I want to see more of Tanner, Billy, Zoe, Jax and Nate. I love the picture painted of Serena’s apartment. It is an apartment, yet a home with History! Once her aunt’s place and yet a home. It seems so real I want to visit it!!! This is a must read book in my opinion!

I would like to thank Net Galley and Revell for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. ( )
  Robin661 | Apr 15, 2016 |
Hilarious, New, Clean,Cozy, Series...

Sandra Orchard's The Fool and His Monet has made my list as best, new, clean cozy series of 2016!! If you like clean, snarky, romantic cozies with a few wacky characters thrown in, it doesn't get any better than this!!

Serena Jones is a wet-behind-the-ears FBI agent. Her grandfather's murder propelled her into this field, but her love of art and justice,plus her zany aunt Martha keeps her going. Two paintings have disappeared from a friend's art museum. Mix together two hunky men who vie for Serena's attention, mobsters of the good and bad variety,plenty of suspense, laughter, and story line twists. The end result is a scrumptious cozy you will devour way too quickly, asking for seconds!! A new twist at the end I had personally never experienced before. Kudos, Sandra Orchard!! ( )
  Becky_L | Apr 4, 2016 |

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 20 Aug 2015 08:55:10 -0400)

FBI art crime agent Serena Jones must fight her way through questionable politics and an assortment of lies to expose the ruthless mastermind behind the recent theft of a priceless work of art.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,412,620 books! | Top bar: Always visible