Nightwalker (World of Nightwalkers) by…

Nightwalker (World of Nightwalkers)

by Jacquelyn Frank

Bodywalker Kamen sets out on a quest to unite the other Nightwalkers in the fight against Apep.

Nightwalker is a worthy conclusion to this thought-provoking series.

Kamen is an interesting hero. He is not trusted by many of the other Nightwalkers because he originally released Apep. I appreciated that he wants to prove his worth and do what is right. I like that he is intelligent and wants to make up for his mistakes.

I like Geneviève. She is part Wraith and part human. Viève is assigned by the Wraith Magistrate to accompany Kamen on his journey. Being a half-breed she is unappreciated by the Wraiths. I like that Kamen valued her and that Viève seems to bring out a more human side to Kamen. They have an interesting chemistry, neither feeling worthy of the other.

Apep is a fascinating villain. He is evil and selfish. He is clever and unpredictable. He is a challenging rival. It is understandable that the twelve Nightwalkers need to band together to fight him.

Nightwalker is a well-written conclusion to the series. Jacquelyn Frank does a great job integrating events that happened in previous books.

Complimentary copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | Aug 17, 2015 |
This one was a little disappointing for me. I haven't read all the series I have to admit, but I had read the last book and I thoroughly enjoyed it, so I thought I couldn't miss with this one. But I found this story to be a little slow, it started off fine but did tend to drag a bit for me in the middle, and there where to many characters in the storyline for me to keep straight, I got a little confused. I also would have liked to have seen more action from the Nightwalkers, and seen them working together more in their quest to defeat Apep, they did a lot of talking and organizing for battle, but it was a bit of a let down in the end. ( )
  JulieD2 | Aug 1, 2015 |

Kamen is a Bodywalker, an ancient soul reborn in one human host after another. He's also a prisoner of his own kind: for it was Kamen who released Apep, the deadly god who threatens the existence of their world. To atone for this grievous error, Kamen accepts an urgent mission: to convince the other nations of the Nightwalkers to set aside their centuries-old conflicts and band together. If he fails, all will be lost. And no tribe presents a greater challenge than the Wraiths, the spectral beings who are feared and despised for their lethal deathtouch. Kamen makes first contact with a stunning, ghostly pale beauty named Genevieve. Part Wraith and part human, scorned as a half-breed, Vieve shares the hunger for redemption-and for connection. Her scintillating touch holds the kiss of death, and yet it makes Kamen feel more alive than ever. Soon his lips are pressed against hers, sending Vieve into fits of desire and forging a bond that breaches the divide between them. Now they must unite all the Nightwalkers, from Vampire and Shadowdweller to DJynns, and fast-for Apep is ready for war.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,808,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible