The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause

The Silver Kiss

by Annette Curtis Klause

Recently added by-sunny-, atcolorado, ChickensAreBrave, BrittanyHollister, private library, jaccavrie
    Sunshine by Robin McKinley (allisongryski)
    allisongryski: Another vampire story with complicated, interesting characters and no simplistic painting of the vampire as a tragic romantic hero.
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (rose_81)
    The Darkangel Trilogy by Meredith Ann Pierce (infiniteletters)
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (kaledrina)
    Companions of the Night by Vivian Vande Velde (Konran)
    A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (kaledrina)

English (57)  Spanish (2)  Italian (1)  All languages (60)
Nonostante sia improntato su note tristi e malinconiche l'ho trovato molto bello. E' la lotta di Zoe per ritovare equilibrio in una vita che stà andando a catafascio. E che infine trova in chi mai si sarebbe aspettata. E' la lotta di Simon che cerca di non perdere se stesso. E si ritrova in Zoe. ( )
  AzureStrawberry | Feb 5, 2014 |
When she meets Simon, a vampire, teenager Zoë finally meets someone who understands facing a mother’s death, and Simon finally finds someone who can give him the strength to face up to his evil brother. ( )
  kayceel | Aug 15, 2013 |
As much as I don't want to describe it as such, I can only really think of this book in terms of its similarity to Twilight. It's not nearly as corny - not by a long shot - but it's kind of the same idea. Zoe's going through big family changes, she doesn't feel like she belongs, and then a pale boy she's instinctively drawn to shows up and they connect on some weird, inexplicable level - despite his protests that he's not good for her. Poor Bella. I mean Zoe.

The fact that this isn't as superficially cheesy as Twilight is the only thing that saved this for me. The ending was a little weird, too. I'm not sure I really understood it, but I won't consider that so harshly. It was still an okay book. ( )
  frozenplums | May 4, 2013 |
This book was on a regular reading schedule in high school, I have to remember to buy a copy so I can dip back into it from time to time. Not quite as beloved as COMPANIONS OF THE NIGHT, this was a great YA vampire book. ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |
I remember reading this book in Library School in a YA class and really liking it, so I came back again and reread it. With the vampire craze on this is good choice for those looking for a read-alike of the Twilight series. Romantic, mysterious, many of the same plot lines of the books by Meyer, but safe for teens to read. Instead of a absent mother (in Twilight series) Zoe has a dead Mother, and a mysterious boyfriend who has a secret (guess what it is?) Wonder if Stephenie Meyer read this book back in 1992 when it first came out? ( )
  janiereader | Sep 8, 2012 |

Annette Curtis Klauseprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Larry Callen, who talked me into writing a novel; and to the Tuesday Night Writing Group, who kept me going- you know who you are.
The house was empty.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440213460, Mass Market Paperback)

Zoe is wary when, in the dead of night, the beautiful yet frightening Simon comes to her house.  Simon seems to understand the pain of loneliness and death and Zoe's brooding thoughts of her dying mother.

Simon is one of the undead, a vampire, seeking revenge for the gruesome death of his mother three hundred years before.  Does Simon dare ask Zoe to help free him from this lifeless chase and its insufferable loneliness?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:03:00 -0400)

A mysterious teenage boy harboring a dark secret helps Zoe come to terms with her mother's terminal illness.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,631,451 books! | Top bar: Always visible