Go West! by Joel Nakamura

Go West!

by Joel Nakamura

721,138,814 (4.33)None

Summary: Go West! is a book about courage and following your dreams. The author wrote in creative ways to be courageous in everything you do. Imagination at its finest.

Critique of Genre: Poem - free verse and Fantasy. The author/illustrator writes the book like a poem with pictures that match the scene on each page.

Age: All ages ( )
  elissamcgeever | Mar 6, 2017 |
Children have always loved the wild west with its stories of heroics, wilderness, and adventures. So why not go west?
My children absolutely adore this book. The images are fun, bright, and inspire their imaginations. The ideas are whimsical and invite the children to create their own magical western experience.
My daughter especially likes the images personifying the hats and chili peppers.
The words flow well with the images, however fantastical the ideas are, such as cuckoo hats and rocket boots. They tell of a west that we all know but add an interesting flare to the concept that I can only call unique.
As for myself, I am at a crossroads. I love the bright, inviting images but feel like there too much going on on each page. The words don't flow together well at times and at other times they very nearly rhyme.
In the end, my child like this book and I find nothing wrong with the content.
I won my copy on Goodreads Giveaways and have permission from the author to use the image above.
stephanietiner.weebly.com ( )
  Stephergiggles | Jun 13, 2016 |

The American West has always been a place of adventure and natural beauty. With its wide-open spaces and sense of freedom, it's a place of enduring dreams and new ideas. Open the cover of this beautiful book and accept award-winning artist Joel Nakamura's invitation to Go West! Come along and join his colorful cast of characters to explore the magic that abounds in the lands west of the Mississippi. Come along and explore the frontier of the imagination! Come along and dream big! Come along and roam free...GO WEST!

A perfect bedtime read, and a delight to the eye, this colorful picture book will enthrall your little ones with its unique vision of life in the West!

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 01 Aug 2015 18:17:19 -0400)

Leaf Storm Press

An edition of this book was published by Leaf Storm Press.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,789,672 books! | Top bar: Always visible