Teen Titans Vol. 1: Blinded by the Light by…

Teen Titans Vol. 1: Blinded by the Light

by Will Pfeifer

I received this from Edelweiss and DC Comics in exchange for an honest review. The actual review will be posted when the review embargo is lifted on August 10th. ( )
  ssimon2000 | May 31, 2016 |
Bunker’s back. Woo!! (And it seems like he was much more intense in this TPB than in the previous ones). The Titans are in New York, NY, and a little bit more scattered around than the last time we saw them. They’re down to the main five members again, Wonder Girl, Red Robin, Raven, Beast Boy, and Bunker (did I say yay before. Yay!! I vote for Bunker getting his own title!!!!). But, even though they’re scattered throughout Manhattan, they can still come together to fight the bad guys, and fast. They fight off everything from a killer robot, to a group of kids that have taken something called ‘Red-K’ that makes them temporarily into super humans. They also save the city from smaller threats too, like fires and muggings.

During the TPB they add a member to the team, which was interesting, and one who will definitely be fun to read about in the future. And they get an offer that they might not be able to refuse as well. And then there’s STAR Labs worker Manchester Black who is sorta shady seeming, we’ll see what happens there.

Overall it was a fun TPB that mostly successfully injected fun, youth, and newness back into the Teen Titans title.

I got this advanced galley through Netgalley on behalf of DC Entertainment ( )
  DanieXJ | Aug 13, 2015 |
I hated this. It's everything I've always not liked about the Teen Titans and I do not like this group. Beast Boy shape shifts practically every frame which annoyed the heck out of me. I could go on with everything that irritated me, but I can't be bothered; what I've read of the New 52 series was/is better. 1 raspberry. Blpppppp! ( )
  ElizaJane | Aug 4, 2015 |

"Red Robin, Wonder Girl, Raven, Bunker and Beast Boy step out of the shadows of the adult heroes of the DC Universe to offer bold, exciting and sometime dangerous ideas on how to protect a world full of superpowered teenagers--any one of whom could be the next heroic figure or major villain! This exciting new chapter in the teen heroes' mythos starts here in TEEN TITANS VOL. 1, written by Will Pfeifer (CATWOMAN) and illustrated by Kenneth Rocafort (SUPERMAN, RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS). Collects TEEN TITANS #1-7"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,465,139 books! | Top bar: Always visible