Lobo Vol. 1: Targets by Cullen Bunn

Lobo Vol. 1: Targets

by Cullen Bunn

Quite a treat! I've actually never run across Lobo before in my DC readings so wasn't sure where this was going to take me. A bit of an odd beginning for a Vol. 1 as it seems to start with the end of a previous story but when that wraps up it quickly gets on with the story for this trade. Lobo is under contract to kill 8 assassins who are each assigned to kill planet Earth. This is all pretty cool, bloody and violent with each assassin being a unique, though brief, new character. Oh and Superman shows up for an assist as well. But my favourite parts were the interspersed flashbacks that took us back to the end days of Lobo's own planet and told his background story. Lobo is quite the villain or is it anti-hero, I'm not sure which, but I'd love to read him again. ( )
  ElizaJane | Sep 8, 2015 |
I was a little confused at the very start of this TPB. I guess I didn’t realize that Lobo wasn’t really Lobo? But at the beginning of this story the real Lobo gets his identity back from the guy who stole it, and the story goes on its delightful journey from there.

Lobo gets a job where his job is to kill some of the deadliest assassins in the universe before they kill their target (and I did love the twist regarding the target). He then gets saddled with three ‘helpers’, Luna, Rave, and Emily. He also, let’s go with ‘meets’, Superman again, and they sorta almost work together (if you squint really hard).

We also got a lot of history both about his people, and about him too. That stuff was my favorite part of the TPB too.

I wasn’t sure if I’d like this TPB or not, and I was pleasantly surprised just how much I did.

I got this advanced galley through Netgalley on behalf of DC Entertainment ( )
  DanieXJ | Aug 19, 2015 |

The intergalactic bounty hunter Lobo returns to the DC Universe and is bringing his well known brand of ultraviolence with him. Charged with protecting a valuable client from six highly trained assasins, Lobo cuts a path of destruction through the DC Universe as he attempts to protect his client, but also must find those responsible for the contract on his client's life. In the midst of all the chaos, Lobo must also track down the individual who has stolen his identity and serve him with Lobo's own brand of justice!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,561,449 books! | Top bar: Always visible