Never Loved by Charlotte Stein

Overall I loved the concept of this story. Bad boy doing whatever it takes to survive meets good girl finally free of an abusive father and able to really live her life on her terms. What I struggled with was all the inner dialogue, lack of the hero's POV, and the jumpiness in the story. I also had a hard time believing that Bea could so quickly go from a never been kissed virgin to the highly erotic woman portrayed int the story. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
Beatrix and her brother Tommy were finally free from their abusive dad, but now Tommy's getting into trouble with his newfound freedom. As Beatrix tries to track Tommy down and keep him out of trouble, she comes into contact with a really big motorcycle guy she thinks may lead her into trouble…or even get her killed. Now she can see him waiting for her outside her dorm room window. What will her roommate think and should she be worried?

Never Loved is my first Charlotte Stein book, and although it seemed a little unusual at first, I quickly got involved in the uncommon characters and the unique plot. Serge is a tortured hero, but honest, protective, and adorably introverted when it comes to the heroine. He knows he needs to stay away from Beatrix, but he feels the need to protect her and just be around her. The interaction between them keeps you glued to each page and the romance is subtle, but makes the reader want more. Ms. Stein keeps us teetering on the edge, aching for their romantic, emotional, and sexual awakening. The hero and heroine were equally frustrating in their slow trek to each other, but ultimately, it was altogether worth it. To wrap it all up, I would have to say... I loved it! 5 Stars! ( )
  Bookshellz | Jul 21, 2015 |
I really thought that Beatrix was a great character, I just loved her dialogue.
She's spent most of her life in a sheltered, controlled and abusive environment. She meets Serge and he is entirely different from anybody she has met before, he's huge, rides a motorcycle and is covered in tattoos, she's a little intimidated by him until she gets used to his presence and gets to know him.

The chemistry between the two begins to grow as Beatrix opens up as Serge shows her his life and a world of passion that has been kept from her. I like the character Serge, he was very big and blustery but he had a heart of gold were ever Beatrix was concerned. Once Beatrix felt freedom and courage with Serge there was no stopping her. I really enjoyed this book, the storyline and dialogue was refreshing.
I look forward to future stories from this series. ( )
  JulieD2 | Apr 29, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,694,516 books! | Top bar: Always visible