Fighting Shadows (On the Ropes, #2) by Aly…

Fighting Shadows (On the Ropes, #2)

by Aly Martinez

My favorite of all 3 in the series. ( )
  tiffsaddictiontobook | Jul 18, 2017 |
I loved continuing with the series and being with the Page brothers. I loved Ash. She is straight up, reality check heroine. She made the book for me. I thought Flint need that reality check, at times... Like Till.

I loved [b:Fighting Shadows|25720697|Fighting Shadows (On the Ropes, #2)|Aly Martinez|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1441892231s/25720697.jpg|42750151]. There are could not put it down, eye rolling, smiling, and laugh out loud craziness.

4.5 stars ( )
  Sunshine22222 | Feb 19, 2017 |

FGMAMTC Blog #TopReads2015 Author & Characters Interview (New Scene from the Page brothers!)

FGMAMTC Blog Review  Excerpt & Giveaway
The On the Ropes series centers around the gym where the Page brothers fight. I honestly don't know if I could choose which brother I love the most. Each of the three has has so much to offer. Flint was always the book smart one. He's also the one that shielded his brother's wife from a bullet with his own body which put him in a wheelchair. The Page boys had terrible parents so when Till and Eliza became heads of their makeshift family, Flint had his first look at a decent woman. He fell for her hard. Now not only is he unable to walk, but he also has to see the happy couple in love.

Ash has had a very tough go at life also, but where the boys had each other, she's only had herself. Amazingly, she's managed to turn into one of the kindest, silliest sweethearts ever. She's so upbeat no matter what life throws her way, exactly what Flint needs in his life.

Fighting Shadows is full of great characters who have had major issues in their lives so it's easy to fall for the entire cast. You just wish you could be a part of the gang. Often in stories, I am crazy about the male lead but not so fond of the female lead. Definitely not the case here. I found no faults with anything. Also, I adore how this series has handicapped, strong, pure-hearted men.

For me, it was perfect, major feels, and I cannot wait for Quarry's book.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2015/07/fighting-shadows-by-aly-... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
So in these books we are supposed to swoon and fall in love with the hero but I have to say I loved the heroine so hard in this book. When Fighting Shadows starts out where the last book ended – with Flint being shot and paralyzed and so angry at the world I didn’t know if I was in the right frame of mind for a deep emotional read at the moment. Then Ash Mabie showed up and uncontrollable laughter started which hit me about as hard as it hit Flint. This series is about the Page brothers but Ash stole the show in this book.

Like the Page brothers, Ash had been dealt a crappy hand in life. Raised by a man who used her for his grifting ways. She knew how to pick pocket by an early age but even though she was good at it, it never set well with her. She first meets 14 year old Quinn (Flints brother) when their mother (who is living with her father) decides she wants Quinn back to try and milk some money out of Till (the oldest brother). When Flint first meets Ash he doesn’t know what to make of this crazy girl who is like nothing he’s ever met before. In a matter of a month she managed to pull him out of his deep depression and make him want things out of life again.

Their love story got derailed a few years but that made it all the sweeter when then finally got back together. All three of the Page brothers came from nothing but each have grown up and become great men. They each have had such big obstacles to overcome in their lives that you can’t help but root for them through each of their books. When we met Quinn in the first book he was so little now he’s all grown up and just faced his own heart breaking tragedy that will have to be dealt with in his book. I look forward his story.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
After a tragic accident, Flint had became paralyzed and lost his dream of becoming a professional boxer like his brother. While recuperating he becomes very despondent and moody, he decides to go it alone when he can't live with his brother and his wife any longer as he is in love with her.
Ash is a crazy young girl who has been raised by her father who taught her to be a pickpocket. When they meet Flint is a little bemused by this strange girl, but a close relationship is made even though he admits he loves someone else. But that closeness is not enough to keep them together and Flint ends their relationship. He spends years after, regretting his bad decision.

This is a wonderfully emotional story. The hero is a young character and had a lot to overcome, he had a lot of strength and showed a lot of character in the end. The heroine was a very interesting young girl, and when she had matured a little they made a nice couple.

I loved this story, I can't wait for Q's book, the teaser chapter at the end has me hooked already. ( )
  JulieD2 | Jul 7, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,625,491 books! | Top bar: Always visible