Fighting Solitude (On the Ropes, #3) by Aly…

Fighting Solitude (On the Ropes, #3)

by Aly Martinez

Great continuation to the series. Looking forward to reading more from Mrs. Martinez ( )
  tiffsaddictiontobook | Jul 18, 2017 |
Love ... love... love...

I love this series. There's enough angst to keep you reading. There's enough love, so much love, that I smile from beginning to end. ( )
  Sunshine22222 | Feb 19, 2017 |

FGMAMTC Blog #TopReads2015 Author & Characters Interview (New Scene from the Page brothers!)

FGMAMTC Blog Review  Excerpt & Giveaway
4.5 stars

I've loved this whole series. The Page brothers truly are something special, and as Q states, they know how to love.

I really like how the story of Liv and Q is complete. We get all the way back to the first meeting as kids, the HEA and all the ups and down in between. Liv and Q are cute partners in crime as kids. Both had tragic beginnings with their parents and home life, which left them a little damaged. A friendship between them just clicks. Teenage heightened emotions including hurts and insecurities cause disruptions, but despite distance and time, their connection is permanent. As adults they have to overcome more loss and indecision on the way to seeing if their relationship can become something more. Grown up Q is so sweet and sexy. I adore him. I felt every emotion these two endured.

It's like my heart wants to take off soaring out of my chest to see these three brothers stories all fall into place, and getting updates on all the others in this book is like the icing on the cake. Fighting Solitude is a perfectly great standalone, but if you read the series, you get the full emotional impact. The ending section from everyone is a real my cup runneth over deal for me.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

Fangirl Moments and My Two Cents

Website / Facebook / Twitter / Google  / Pinterest / Goodreads / Tumblr / tsū / Bloglovin'

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Alas the stories of the 3 Page brothers comes to end with Quarry's. These three brothers had a rough childhood and lots of bumps along the way into adulthood before each finding their woman and also becoming successful men in the boxing world.

Quarry was just a very young boy when we first met him in this series. As readers we've gotten to watch him grow up. The same also with the heroine Liv James who is the daughter of Leo James from a book in a related series. We met her when she was 8. Quarry and Liv met at this time and its also when Liv fell in love with him. But what they became were best friend who always had each others backs until years later when a tragedy strikes the Page brothers and Quarry pushes her away. If you've read the previous series you also know that during their time apart Quarry fell in love with some one else and years later that also ends in heartbreak.

From when they first meet to when they both get on the same page about their feelings 16 years has past. These two have a lot of history together and your rooting for them to finally sync up and get on the same page.

There is tons more angst and tragedy that happens through this book and even the return of a previous character that surprised me. Its been a wonderful journey reading about these men who were just young boys when the series started and with their childhoods could have become statistics but they fought to rise above and we got to watch them become great men.

I'm sad this series has come to an end but looking forward to see what's next on the horizon from this author. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
So far this has to my favourite story from the series, and by far, for me, the most emotional one. For his novel I was grinning like a looney one minute and the next, a heart wrenching line would bring tears to my eyes. Long time friends who discover 'friends' is not enough and move on to become lovers, an amazing book which will beat and then warm your heart.

The story starts when Liv, a lonely girl becomes friends with Quarry, a huge boy who rescued her from bullies, but he's not much older than herself. They become the best of friends and they promise to always watch each other's back.

Their relationship goes though ups and downs as they grow up, and Quarry has problems with his hearing to contend with and he also trains. Aly Martinez's brilliant writing will take the reader on a rollercoaster of emotions with this book. I can't say enough of how much I enjoyed it.
An extraordinary read, I highly recommend it. ( )
  JulieD2 | Jan 28, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,010 books! | Top bar: Always visible