Taming the Boy Next Door (Moretti Novels,…

Taming the Boy Next Door (Moretti Novels, #3)

by M. J. Carnal

821,035,133 (3.25)None

Great story...

Wonderful read. I loved Caleb and how true he was to Jena. It was a bit frighting how Caleb's domness is that a word side triggered an incident in her past. I loved how it was handled.
I started the series with this book (the third in the series. I will be getting back to the first two books in the series. I feel as though I missed something by not getting to know the Moretti men. ( )
  Sunshine22222 | Feb 19, 2017 |

10% progress. Page 1.

I love the blurb.
It tells me of great things to come.
I am determined to give it a fair chance so I will overlook the editing hiccups in the prologue.
I will not judge this book by its first page.

Los Angeles Memorial Hospital, 6:00 AM
Taking a deep breath, Jena prepared herself for the dreadful task of giving another family bad news………..
“My name is Dr. Turner. I am the neurosurgeon on call tonight. Mr. Moretti is in critical condition. He has a nondisplaced skull fracture and a subdural hematoma. The surgery to fix the brain bleed went well. We will need to do a CT scan in the morning to check his progress. He has a CSF leak and we may need to go in and repair that. The next twenty-four hours are critical. He will likely need a few more surgery. His left arm is shattered and he has some broken ribs. We can’t do anything about his other injuries until he is stable. “

I am choosing to believe that:
After this speech, the reason why no one in that waiting room asks the good doctor to explain herself in layman’s terms, is either because they’re too shell shocked at what has happened to their loved one or because they are all in the medical field and therefore understand the medical terminology she used.

I am choosing to believe that:
The underlined phrases in the excerpts above and below are the only editing issues in this book. After this, things will flow beautifully.

EXCERPT FROM PAGE 1:
“I’m sorry. We cannot allow any visitors at this time. We don’t know if he will regain consciousness. If you would like to go home, we will call you with any changes. At this point, there is really nothing we can do but wait.”

EXCERPT FROM PAGE 1:
“A petite Italian woman who bared a strong resemblance to her patient spoke up”

EXCERPT FROM PAGE 1:
I will update you on any changes.”

BeegPanda | Aug 2, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,408,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible