Highlander Undone by Connie Brockway

Highlander Undone

by Connie Brockway

This is one of those romances that will set your heart racing because the author took the time to show us who the hero and heroine are and what they’re all about.

As a matter a fact, that’s why I love reading romance. I’m in seventh-heaven when I meet not just a handsome hero or a beautiful heroine, but it’s what’s in their hearts that matters to me more than their appearance.

Jack and Addie were all that I expected and wanted them to be and their story will touch your heart because it’s a story of heartbreak, passion and hope. I honestly couldn’t put it down and dreaded the end because I just didn’t want to leave these two, that’s how much I loved them.

Melanie for b2b

Complimentary copy provided by the publisher ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
Captain John (Jack) Cameron was a captain in Her Majesty’s Cormack Highlanders who was fighting the war in North Africa in 1886. He believes that many of the deaths were due to an error made by their own leaders and he has vowed to take down the men who caused so much death. When he is injured, his only living relative, his Great Uncle, hides him in his wife’s cottage.
While he is recovering he discovers that other people that are staying in the cottage for the season. They are all artists, except Addie, the sister of one of the artist’s .Jack and Addie; develop a strong friendship, as Jack’s pursuit of revenge inadvertently helps pull Addie out of her shell. Will the secrets they share bring them closer together in order keep them both safe from the evil man in both their pasts, or will it push them apart?
I enjoyed following Addie on her journey of finding herself. I also found myself really liking the way Jack became the protector of Addie.
I found the story line good; the pace of the events, with the twists and turns unfolding kept pulling me back in.
I love the ending. It was done very well, I really liked the way Connie Brockway wrote this book, and I look forward to reading anything else she writes.
I would recommend this book to anyone because there is a little bit of everything in this book from the romance, war, art, happiness and personal growth.
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my honest review and I give this book 5 stars. ( )
  dbhutch | Oct 25, 2015 |
** I received an ARC of this book from the publisher and netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

This really was an interesting read. The H was wonderful,brave and kind, using the h to find out justice for the men that were betrayed in the war he heals her of the emotional wounds her late husband caused. ( )
  invincible005 | Aug 3, 2015 |

Recovering from wounds sustained while fighting in the Sudan, Captain Jack Cameron, haunted by allegations about a Black Dragoon alliance with slavers, infiltrates a circle of artists to discover information about the traitor.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,743,346 books! | Top bar: Always visible