The Meldling: First Novel of the Daemonva by…

The Meldling: First Novel of the Daemonva

by Claire Ryan

daemons (1) daevas (1) epic (1) fantasy (1) GR Import (1) romance (1) to-read (3) trilogy (1)

I received this book in exchange for an honest review. This was a very good story. I connected to the characters really well. There was a lot of action, which kept me enthralled. My only complaint is that the author needed an editor. The writing threw me off track numerous times. I had to keep rereading parts of the book just to understand what the author was trying to convey. This book would have been a five star rating, if written better. ( )
  feeroberts64 | Feb 11, 2016 |
I'm always impressed when an author can pack so much into a shorter book. It's fast paced with non stop action. I was hooked from the first pages. I really enjoyed all of the fantasy elements, and the author's amazing ability to vividly describe the setting. I'm definitely excited to see where this series will go! ( )
  BrandiLynne | Sep 29, 2015 |
It's a world being torn apart. Two powerful races use the world of humans to carry out an epic battle, one so old that they don't remember why they fight.

A sorcerer, as powerful as he is evil, melds a human soul to a daemon body, creating the first meldling. As she struggles to find out who she really is, Suzanna finds companionship in the knights who rescued her, and one in particular. Is there a way for creatures so different to become allies? Lovers?

I recommend this book to anyone who loves epic fantasy, and the search for identity in a world of enemies. ( )
  Perrywilson | Aug 22, 2015 |
For Denis
She opened her eyes, as if there was anything to see in the darkness of the hole in which she had been left to rot.
If you had died, the Daemon-Ra might have called you a martyr and recovered from it—but no, you disappeared. Not even your body reappeared in Halca! There were rumors flying everywhere that you had turned traitor. It broke us, Sunekhar. Better that you were dead than missing!

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Claire Ryan's book The Meldling was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Claire Ryan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,027,976 books! | Top bar: Always visible