Miffed Again by Audrie Clifford

Miffed Again

by Audrie Clifford

222,551,640 (4.5)None
Recently added byEileen.Dandashi, ChrisWeir

Ever consider how you'd react when faced with having to live with someone completely your opposite? Miffed Again will have you nodding, agreeing and entirely amused!

As we age, changes just get harder. At the same time, situations arise where there is little choice in our lives. If you’ve lived long enough, you certainly can relate. To manage is to adapt. This is a story about two women trying to do just that.

Author Audrie Clifford set the story in such a situation with two very opinionated and strong women, both as opposing in their opinions of lifestyle and beliefs as you can get. The one common factor is they are both in need of living in this particular apartment complex, in this particular apartment.

Both were intent to have the apartment to themselves although they agreed to live together when they had no choice. Who wants to room with some unknown person, not of their ilk in the later years of life? Heck, who any time in life would care to?

I took sides in who was right. After all, I’m close enough to their age I felt I had a right to an opinion. You might react the same. It was interesting how I changed my stance as I read.

I certainly could relate to having a dog. Bunny wanted one, Wilma didn’t. So Bunny got it, but when you’re sharing an apartment, how is it possible to not share such a creature – dirt, adorable posturing, licks and all?

The story was told in first person, Wilma being the narrator. She was the feisty, liberal of the two. Her experience having a roomy was new to her. She’d always been alone by choice. I loved to see the growth in her spirit of acceptance of others, and learning to realize she could love. I enjoyed the times when she absolutely spoke out when people would infringe too far into her space.

Since this was Wilma’s story she didn’t have many good words about Bunny, but gave her credit when she deserved it. Bunny also learned much from living with Wilma. She could tolerate and eventually accept people who didn’t believe as she did. I actually ended up being proud of both ladies.

This was a delightful story penned by a feisty woman herself, Audrie Clifford. I never tire of what she writes. She’s unique in and of herself and entertains with her special gift of getting inside the head of ordinary people dealing with difficult times. Her writing is effective. I cried when I was supposed to and laughed when I should. Where Wilma and Bunny were constantly miffed, I was not. Thank you, Audrie, for the fun read. ( )
  Eileen.Dandashi | Oct 12, 2015 |
What a delightful book. I received this as a member giveaway from Library Thing directly from the author and I must tell her thanks I really enjoyed it. The book involves Wilma, a 70+ lesbian and a holy roller widower named Bunny who find themselves sharing a one bedroom apartment. Wilma starts the book sounding very much like an old curmudgeon set in her ways. Whereas Bunny is a holier than thou "Christian" who does nothing but judge others. The women encounter problems from Wilma likes a glass of wine in the evening and she smokes to Bunny accusing Wilma of flirting and having affairs with women. Slowly but surely the women do learn to live together peacefully. With lots of introspect on the parts of both women but from the point of view of Wilma. Again a very good book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Oct 10, 2015 |

Audrie Clifford is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,081,600 books! | Top bar: Always visible