The Cleric's Vault by Ernest Dempsey
1613615,960 (4)None
Recently added byBooklover889, NPJacobsen

Picking up where "The Secret of the Stones" left off, this second helping of Sean Wyatt finds our hero looking for the second vault of legend. Most of the characters introduced in the first volume make a repeat appearance and we are introduced to a few new ones as well. The villain known as the Prophet is still trying to get to the vaults first and sends his assassins to get rid of that pesky Sean Wyatt.

Our trio of Wyatt, Tommy Schultz, and Joe McElroy had found another stone disc as the first installment ended. Joe, the Native American expert having been previously wounded, is relegated to information gathering only. Decoding the secrets on the new disc, Sean and Tommy head to Ecuador and begin looking for Father Crespi's treasure, which he acquired from grateful natives. Gone is Allison Webster, presumably on assignment for Axis, the clandestine organization that Sean had once worked for. Replacing her as a possible love interest is Adrianna Villa, a Spanish beauty who showed up just in time to save Sean from certain death.

Alexander Lindsey, known as the Prophet, has agents located almost everywhere, and even has one in Wyatt's inner circle. He also has agents well placed in the U.S. government and makes things extremely difficult for Sean, Tommy, and Adrianna. Picking up clues from New Mexico and the Grand Canyon, our heroes head to South America one step ahead of the competition. With secret entrances and booby-trapped false leads, Sean and his team must use their knowledge of archaeology and legend to decipher the clues and find the second vault. Lindsey's team also has to deal with internal strife among themselves and multiple assassins working against each other and thus helping Sean. In the end, only one group will be left to claim Father Crespi's treasure.

This offering did not seem as interesting as the first story, perhaps because the legends were from another continent. The same problem exists with the lack of editing, perhaps even worse in this volume. I had read that these were being sent back for re-editing, which would greatly help. Still, the story is good and Sean Wyatt is a guy you just have to love. ( )

NPJacobsen | Jan 28, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,084,260 books! | Top bar: Always visible