The Power That Changes the World: Creating…

The Power That Changes the World: Creating Eternal Impact in the Here and…

by Bill Johnson

1911537,190 (3.27)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
There are thousnads of books telling Christians how to live their lives to honor God. What makes Bill Johhson's stand out is his deep conviction and the power of his stories that show the hows and whys of Christian life. It may be jargony and didatic at times. ( )
  FCClibraryoshkosh | Dec 31, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Although I enjoyed this book, for the most part, I would have to give it a 2-star rating. It is an encouraging book and does give some good ideas about spreading the Kingdom of God within our lives. I did find some Biblical inconsistencies which I attributed to the author's interpretation of Scripture. It is a good read with a positive outlook on life, however, I do not share his belief that we can establish God's Kingdom here on earth and I do not believe there is any Biblical basis for Bill's belief. I would not recommend this book. ( )
  JoanneCampbell | Jan 11, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Great, encouraging book. Helps to teach the way of the King and His Kingdom so we think and live it out in every part of our lives. Liked the teaching in every chapter to encourage us in our journey to live according to His purposes. ( )
  lark4life | Dec 19, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received an advance copy of this book from the LibraryThing Early Reviewers program. This book is full of personal stories and anecdotes of a spiritual nature. It is not heavy on the technical aspects of expositing truths from the bible, but instead focuses on stories that the author has gathered through the application of passages, and his experience throughout the years.
  utna | Nov 18, 2015 |
The main theme of this book is about God’s wisdom and its importance in our lives but finding this theme was more difficult than usual for me. Everything did not begin to tie together until I had read at least halfway through.

Even though the central theme seemed to be eluding me the individual nuggets that I read were delectable and the stretching of my mind out of the box was almost delightful, as per Bill Johnson’s usual style of writing and speaking. I liked the way Mr. Johnson’s thoughts caused me to pause and actually think.

Not only that, this book was not just about wisdom, it includes Mr. Johnson giving out wisdom. That is what really tied this whole book together.

Notable quotes:

“If favor is given to me, it must benefit the people around me in order for it to be considered favor well stewarded.” page 81

“God loves everyone the same, not everyone has the same measure of favor.” page 81

“The way we receive people—acknowledge who they are and the gifts they have—also determines the deposit they will be able to make into our lives.” page 118

“Our ongoing relationship with God is evident in our tenderness toward the Holy Spirit. It is the absolute key for living in wisdom.” page 142

“A job is secular when we do what we do in our own strength for God and not with God.” page 161

“I believe some of our greatest problems take place when we live by principles and not by the presence of God.” page 171

If you are a fan of Bill Johnson, or if you are in need of wisdom, or if you would like your thinking to be challenged, this book is for you.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Chosen Publishers as part of their blogging for books program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commision’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  cherylcope | Oct 19, 2015 |

Exciting New Teaching from Bestselling Author and Bethel Church Leader Bill Johnson

Two realities are evident in today's broken world: Our culture is in desperate need, and our God is a miracle-working God. How do believers answer the world's cries for help in a way that exhibits God's heart of compassion?

According to bestselling author Bill Johnson, we simply embrace two additional realities: God's wisdom and his power. With biblical insight and extensive experience of seeing God's hand at work, Johnson offers keys to how believers can have the greatest impact on society. When we understand the long-term strategy of God's wisdom and the immediacy of his miracle-working power, we can create eternal impact and significance in the here and now, whether in our own lives and communities or in the farthest reaches of the world.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 03 Aug 2015 18:12:16 -0400)

"Become heaven's agent of change, like Joseph, Daniel, and Solomon, with these simple, practical ways to release Kingdom power in your everyday world"--

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Bill Johnson's book The Power That Changes the World: Creating Eternal Impact in the Here and Now was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Chosen Books

An edition of this book was published by Chosen Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,415,824 books! | Top bar: Always visible