Oldsmobile V-8 Engines: How to Build Max…

Oldsmobile V-8 Engines: How to Build Max Performance: Revised Edition (2008)

by Bill Trovato

97950,433 (5)None

Great book by Bill Trovato. This guy really knows his stuff on the Olds engines. The book is very detailed and written pretty clearly enough to be understood by someone who may be a novice to these types of V-8 engines. Lots of pictures. Enjoyed reading it. ( )
  ADowless | Jul 21, 2016 |
Very detailed, instructional, easy to follow and very informative. Great job Car Tech you did it again. I like how you can identify an Olds block, letter cast into the front of the engine block under the intake manifold sealing rail identifies a small-block. A letter in the same place identifies a big-block as stated in the book. See easy peasy right? I like the clear pictures and references too. The author informs you on what type products he uses and the cause and effects. Milling process and after market cylinder heads, valve jobs, intake manifolds and what you expect to see when you read a max performance engine book. My husband will definitely like this book well he just claimed it for himself. I want to thank Car Tech and the author Bill Trovato and Library Thing. Thank you, Darlene Cruz ( )
  dlc18 | Nov 6, 2015 |
This is a good book that has a lot of good info to build a performance engine. ( )
  aleigh115 | Oct 26, 2015 |
Thank you for the opportunity to review this book. It filled in a lot of gaps in my knowledge and helped me tremendously in my current project. I am proud to add it to my collection!
  Herrington33 | Oct 2, 2015 |
This is another great how-to book from CarTech. Rebuilding an engine isn’t something you can learn just from a book; however, if you know engines, this book will give you all the specifics you need. The Olds V-8s from 1965 until the eighties are all covered. Color pictures provide detail on every page. There are plenty of useful tips and charts ( such as a two-page listing of piston part numbers) throughout the book. ( )
  WaltNoise | Sep 25, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Bill Trovato's book Trans Am & Firebird Restoration: 1970-1/2 - 1981 was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,420,773 books! | Top bar: Always visible