Mindstormer (Mindwalker, #2) by A.J. Steiger

Mindstormer (Mindwalker, #2)

by A.J. Steiger

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I recieved this book through the LibraryThing early reviewers program and upon recieving it decided (as im sure any fellow bookworm would) to add it to both my LibraryThing and Goodreads reading list. And as i did this I came to realize that this was in fact the second book in the series. *facepalm* so naturally i had to pick up the first book at my local library before reading this one.

Im am sad to say that my opinion on this book is the same as for the first one. As in the first book I still found the main character, Lain , to be quite annoying. The romance (still) didn't feel authentic and it was frustrating to see the story development from the point of view of someone who was in denial and filled with bad decisions. The one thing that kept me reading was my need to fill in that gap of what happened between the ending of the first book and the beginning of this one.
To be fair there were two things i did like about this book, one being a character and the other being the ending. Rhee was the only character I really liked. I loved how strong of a character she was (physically, mentally, and emotionally) but still showed a level of sympathy and even fear at the precise moments in the story. It showed that despite her strong (almost cold) behavior she still was quite capable of experiencing very human feelings. As to the end of the book, it wasn't anything extraordinary but it was something different than I expected. It wasn't exactly a happy ending but it also wasn't a sad or bad ending. The only way i can describe it (without having spoilers) would be as something very real and justified. As i said before its nothing that will shock you but i feel that if this were left as a duology I would be content with the ending. ( )
  LadyBookHermit | Apr 23, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
When I first started this book I was extremely confused. Its does not pick up where the first one ended. I kept stopping and wondering what I had missed. I really didn't like that but it did make sense to do that because it really pulls you into the book. Lain is in the same boat as you she wakes up and has no idea what is going on or what happened, so it was fun to find out with the character! There were a few things I didn't like about this book. I didn't like the love triangle. It wasn't a major deal in this one but I just think its been overdone and wish authors would move away from it. I also really didn't like the way Steven treated Lain for the majority of the book. There was no reason for it and didn't make sense to me why Lain continued wanting to be with him. I guess if there had been more of an explanation for his actions that might have made it better. I also, at first, did not like the way it ended. Its a little depressing to me but the more I thought about it, the more I liked it and understood why Lain's story needed to end that way. Overall enjoyable book that I would recommend to anyone who loves dystopian YA!
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Rock the Boat Books! ( )
  KeriLynneD | Mar 5, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Overall this was a great sequel to the first book in this series. However, as usual with sequels this one strayed from the plot of being mindwalker of the first book to complete chaos of a dystopian novel. Near the end of the book, it was all about fighting, war, and in my opinion did not have a strong ending. The ending left the reader where Lain just started an all out war and then it skips to the Epilogue where the war is over. ( )
  KatrinaSakimoto | Feb 20, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I didn’t realize that Mindstormer was the second in a series until I had finished the book, so I don’t think it’s necessary to read the first to understand this one. I enjoyed it, but it felt familiar, like there were pieces of other young adult dystopian novels I’ve read mixed in. I loved Rhee and would have liked to have known more about her. I received an Early Reviewers copy of this book from LibraryThing. ( )
  mtlkch | Feb 4, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book as part of Library Thing's Early Reviewer's program.

This book is the second book in a series, that is apparently only available in the UK, so I went into this story slightly annoyed that I would not be able to read the first book in the series. However, the book does a fairly good job of standing alone. Although I had no prior knowledge of the events in the first book, I had no problems following the story line, and at no point was I confused by what was taking place - I'm sure reading the first book would have added insight, but it was unnecessary to enjoy the sequel.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I was able to polish it off in just a couple of sittings, it was captivating and entertaining. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoyed Divergent or the Hunger Games. ( )
  krisya | Jan 30, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

A.J. Steiger's book Mindstormer is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,458,508 books! | Top bar: Always visible