Teaching from Rest: A Homeschooler's Guide…

Teaching from Rest: A Homeschooler's Guide to Unshakable Peace (edition 2015)

by Sarah Mackenzie (Author)

Member:amhersh35
Title:Teaching from Rest: A Homeschooler's Guide to Unshakable Peace
Authors:Sarah Mackenzie (Author)
Info:Classical Academic Press (2015), Edition: 2.0, 112 pages
Collections:370 education, Your library

Teaching from Rest: A Homeschooler's Guide to Unshakable Peace by Sarah Mackenzie

This was wonderfully encouraging to this mama that is spinning a lot of plates. Her focus was on true education. It is great to remember to focus on what is true, good, and beautiful instead of racing to meet the next goal. ( )
  StephCherry | Sep 22, 2018 |
Excellent! Need to read every school year. ( )
  LeeAcademy | Jul 18, 2018 |
This book impacted me a great deal this year! It was a quick read but with lots to reflect on and ponder. ( )
  rachelsnowden | Jul 24, 2017 |
Stand-out book in the sea of homeschool/parenting books. I don't like books that are simply inspirational, or that present theoretical truths that then make me feel even more inadequate. Sarah Mackenzie has a unique way of inspiring, holding interest, and distilling the "must-do's" down to a simple manageable list. ( )
  jonesfamily08 | Jun 1, 2016 |

In the book of Philippians we are told to be anxious over nothing, and yet we are anxious over everything. We worry that our students will be "behind," that they won't score well on the SAT, get into a good college, or read enough of the Great Books. Our souls are restless, anxiously wondering if something else out there might be just a little bit better -- if maybe there is another way or another curriculum that might prove to be superior to what we are doing now. God doesn't call us to this work and then turn away to tend to other, more important matters. He promises to stay with us. He assures us that if we rely on Him alone, then He will provide all that we need. What that means on a practical level is that we have to stop fretting over every little detail. We need to stop comparing. We've got to drop the self-inflated view that we are the be-all-end-all of whether the education we are offering our students is going to be as successful as we hope it is. After all, our job is not to be successful -- success itself is entirely beside the point. It's faithfulness that He wants.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,648,356 books! | Top bar: Always visible