The Demon's Deadline by Tori Centanni

The Demon's Deadline

by Tori Centanni

191537,190 (4.5)None
16 (1) comedy (1) demons (1) ebook (1) free (1) horror (1) paranormal (3) read (1) teen (1) Teen/YA (1) to-read (6) urban fantasy (2) YA (1)

The Demon's Deadline is a great book. Nicolette, through tragic circumstances, ends up with a job that no one else would want; being a delivery girl for a demon. The story weaves and twists wherein we discover certain things about her and the demon she works for. The story is fantastic and a fresh take on "demons", which is refreshing. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. ( )
  tiggersrule28 | Aug 6, 2015 |

Some teenagers deliver pizza, some deliver newspapers. My part-time job? I deliver mysterious envelopes for a demon. I don't even get tips.

It seemed like a good deal at the time. I almost died in a car accident, and Azmos saved me... gave me a second chance. At first, it wasn't so bad. I got to live, go to high school, hang out with my boyfriend Cam. He's too cute for his own good, but he's getting tired of all this demon stuff. I hate lying to my best friend Melissa and my dad, who's still not over my mom's death. Neither am I.

But now, this gig is getting dangerous, and it's not like I can quit. Even if I could, then what? I've seen things I can't unsee. I just hope I can figure out how to navigate the darkness before I do something I can't undo.

It's time I face my own demons.
Nicki almost died in the car accident. Instead she was offered a deal.

Now she works for the demon Azmos, delivering his mysterious envelopes all over town. Only her boyfriend Cam knows the truth about her after-school job—Cam, who’s (thankfully) as understanding as he is gorgeous and smart. Nicki’s never had Cam’s bold ambitions; her only talent is guessing the killer in a horror movie. All she wants is to graduate high school, marry Cam someday, and live happily ever after… but lately her work for the demon’s pulling her into deeper danger. Danger that threatens her life and also the bonds that matter most to her. Her best friend Melissa, whom she’s forced to lie to. Her grieving father. And Cam.

But is it even possible to free herself from the contract that saved her life?

And what if she did manage to untangle herself from the arcane world forever — without it, what kind of life does Nicki have left? Once you've seen death and darkness, once you know that magic is real, how can you ever go back to being a normal teenager?

It’s finally time Nicki faced her own demons....

It's time I face my own demons.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Tori Centanni's book The Demon's Deadline was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,976,499 books! | Top bar: Always visible