Firefly (Firefly #1)

Firefly (Firefly #1)

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added bythatgirlbookworm

The author contacted me and provided me with a copy of the book for a review.

This book varies between a 3.5 and a 4 star rating, depending on what part of the book I am on.

This book followed a girl named Tessa, who was a part of a witch coven in the town of Snow Valley. It also followed a boy named William, who is an immortal witch hunter. The story revolves around them, their relationship and the death of a witch in the coven as well as the threat that comes along with the death.

The plot was definitely really interesting. I don't read many series about witches so it was nice to finally read one and see what authors come up with for their storyline, and what Pevato did was really great! It was also interesting to see male witches. I truly didn't expect the end and that's a big surprise to me because I figured I would have seen it coming.

The writing in this book was good. The imagery was great and it was so descriptive. My only problem with the writing was the character interaction felt a little rushed at times. Conversations escalated quickly and they were hard to follow at times because characters would go from talking to fighting before I could realize that anyone was angry.
The characters themselves were well written. I liked the main character, she was sensible and well rounded and didn't anger me or do anything that usually upsets me. However, William really bothered me. He was too... much. He was obsessive in a way that wasn't what I usually see in books. It was almost creepy the way he talked about Tessa, and not in a good way. I feel like if there had been a more appropriate progression to his feelings towards her, that would have been better, or maybe had made me enjoy him more. I'm not sure how I felt about him towards the end, considering I don't know whether to REALLY trust him anymore or not.
Their relationship was a bit weird to me too. I liked it, but I don't really feel like there was enough build up. They went from strangers to dating with no in between period. But again it's hard because I think it might just be William I had a problem with. I really did like Tessa.
I mean overall I really liked this book! There were some weird time jumps that made it hard to follow, but I am glad I read it!
I would recommend it to other people, especially since witch books are rare. ( )
  thatgirlbookworm | Aug 5, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,767,772 books! | Top bar: Always visible