Seeing Evil by Jason Parent

Seeing Evil

by Jason Parent

I absolutely loved this book. The combination of serial killer, psychic ability and broken female detective is right up my alley. I highly recommend this book to anybody who enjoys any of these genres. I promise you will not be disappointed. The writing is fast paced and phenomenal. The alternating point of view really helps us as the reader get an in depth glance into each character and makes us really care about the outcome.

Seeing Evil is the first book that I have read by Jason Parent and it will definitely not be the last. I would love to see him make this into a series and let us share more of this thrilling crime solving at its best! ( )
  Trimaze | May 29, 2016 |
Seeing Evil by Jason Parent

Detective Samantha (Sam) Reilly is still struggling with the death of her partner. She has a special connection Michael Turcotte, a teenage she rescued after his parents’ murder-suicide.

Michael is a loner who is bullied. He has a gift of seeing the future in people, but no one believes him. Then a strange girl Tessa Masterson, approaches Michael about her future. What he sees has him concerned so he turns to Sam for help. Soon they are trying to find a cold and cruel killer, and their lives are in grave danger.

A fast paced psychological thriller. Michael is very likable, basically an orphan living in a foster home, he just wants to be accepted. Sam has her emotional scars, she too is likable and her special bond with Michael is heart-felt.

The plot is fantastic, twists, turns, suspense and thrills fill every page. I liked the originality of the story, the characters are very well developed, the writing is superb. I got to feel every emotion from all of the characters. Overall I found Seeing Evil a thrilling roller-coaster of emotions ride. ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Mar 11, 2016 |
I decided to read this book because of a friend's suggestion. I had thought it would be an ok read but was surprised to find that it is one of the best suspense thrillers I have read in a very long time. In lesser hands it would have been a decent read but the author's skill in setting the scene, character development, and story telling makes this a far superior novel. The premise is simple. A teenager who witnessed a family massacre when he was a toddler develops precognition abilities. A police detective who worked on the family massacre and has stayed in his life is working on a case that may not only end her career but her life as well. I was drawn in from the beginning and found the story just kept building and building to the point where I could not put it down.Very highly recommended. I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Veronica.Sparrow | Nov 15, 2015 |
  Veronica.Sparrow | Nov 15, 2015 |
Gripping. Suspenseful. Touching.
A truly fine novel.

I first discovered [a:Jason Parent|6505947|Jason Parent|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1377873108p2/6505947.jpg] a few years ago, around the same time I'd been reading David Wong's [b:This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It|12924261|This Book Is Full of Spiders Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It (John Dies at the End, #2)|David Wong|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1365496944s/12924261.jpg|18079704]. Still craving another dose of comedy-tinged horror, Parent's first novel, [b:What Hides Within|15828545|What Hides Within|Jason Parent|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344971981s/15828545.jpg|21561970], satisfied and then some with its highly original cocktail of thriller, horror and comedy with a touch of bizarro.

I've been lucky enough to meet and get to know Jason Parent in the intervening years, and have had the ongoing pleasure of collaborating with him on several horror anthologies since, so I want to be up front and transparent about my relationship with the author.

Nevertheless, I originally met the author as a result of being a fan first and foremost, and so it was with a bit of trepidation that I approached [b:Seeing Evil|25269277|Seeing Evil|Jason Parent|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1427988543s/25269277.jpg|44994442], his second full-length novel, and a paranormal thriller rather than horror at that. The book's synopsis didn't thrill me, to be honest, but I decided to give it a go and see if it grabbed me.

It did. [b:Seeing Evil|25269277|Seeing Evil|Jason Parent|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1427988543s/25269277.jpg|44994442] is a perfectly-paced book, with intriguing characters and white-knuckle, edge of your seat tension. The villain is particularly haunting in an all-too-plausible way, and even a few days after having finished reading the events of the book are still vividly etched in my mind. Parent's writing here is top notch - sleek, efficient and with surprising emotional depth.

I can't recommend this book highly enough to fans of almost any genre. ( )
  Evans-Light | Nov 8, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,733,205 books! | Top bar: Always visible