Depravity by M.J. Haag

Enjoyable

Really enjoyed Depravity, know it was a retelling of the classic fairytale but this seemed a much darker tale. really liked Benella but wish she would stand up to her two selfish sisters, the beast was interesting and I am looking forward to seeing how Benella's and the beast's relationship Progress's in the next installment a very different read. ( )
  carpathian1974 | Jun 6, 2017 |
Let me start off by saying, I hate cliffhangers. That being said I'll add if it wasn't for that I would have easily given this book 4 stars. As it is I'm barely giving it 3.

This was a darkly entertaining, adult retelling of Beauty & the Beast. I thought the author did a good job of keeping the essence of both the story and the characters while bringing in just enough erotica.

If you are okay with descriptions of sex and nudity and can handle some violence towards women (both overt and through manipulation) this is a good book but my suggestion would be to read all 3 in the series as if it is one book so as to avoid cliffhangers (if I had known it has one I would have done that . . . cliffhanger books really ought to have warnings on the front cover). ( )
  mmoj | Mar 2, 2017 |
Beautiful... ( )
  Brygitt.Pfaff | Oct 12, 2016 |
A new twist to an old fairytale. Beauty and the Beast from a different perspective. The heroine is harsh and unrefined. The beast is demonic and cruel. Both must find ways to survive each other, but also their own lives. ( )
  wndy2011 | May 3, 2016 |
A retelling of Beauty and the Beast, and somehow this story seduced me. Can't wait to read the next part. Five stars. ( )
  LysaJP | Mar 18, 2016 |

A classic fairy tale with a new twist, the Beauty and the Beast saga begins with Depravity...

Sixteen year old Benella is concerned with two things–avoiding the two village boys who torment her and scrounging for food to help feed her family. Unfortunately, the best wild fruit and vegetables are near the walls of the estate, a dark misty place inhabited by an unforgiving beast.

When her tormentors lock her behind the massive gates, Benella knows her fate is sealed. Yet, the fate isn’t one she expects. Her encounter with the beast starts a bizarre cycle of bargaining for her freedom, a freedom the beast seems determined to see her lose.

Note: Intended for mature readers due to sexual situations, violence (attempted rape), and moderate language.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,079,808 books! | Top bar: Always visible