I Love You, Goodbye by A.J. Llewellyn

I Love You, Goodbye (2015)

by A.J. Llewellyn

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added bySerenaYates, gsc55

It has been quite a while since I read the last ‘Honeybone’ book, and I was ecstatic to see another one published. I loved the four previous volumes, and dove right into this one to find out how US Marshal Dean likes retirement and how he, his partner Jean-Luc, and their adopted daughter Kaia are dealing with life in Austin, Texas. Not surprisingly the story is action-packed, emotionally intense, and I loved every second of this roller coaster ride. May there be many more!

Dean has settled into his new life in Austin, but Kaia misses New Orleans. Dean may be retired from active duty, so to speak, but he still has a nose for bad guys. It’s a good thing he is around when the Parkers from across the street vanish. He is their only hope of figuring out what happened. Between Dean getting help from an old friend still with the US Marshals, Kaia and her Aboriginal sixth sense producing dire predictions, and a clear but very gruesome initial trail to follow, Dean has his hands full.

Jean-Luc loves running his restaurant, and with Manda-Jane, who dreams of becoming a chef, as an employee, he is all set for success. The building may have a few issues, and the storms have done some damage, but Jena-Luc is undeterred. Their neighbors vanishing under mysterious circumstances and Dean springing back into action are far more unsettling, as far as he is concerned, than a questionable roof and some water damage in his restaurant.

If you like Dean and Jean-Luc and want to see how they’re doing, if two men adjusting to a new life without being quite able to let go of the old one sound interesting, and if you’re looking for a read that is as suspenseful and intense as it is funny and hot, then you will probably like this novella as much as I did. Dean in action is still a sight to behold, never mind retirement, and Jean-Luc with his culinary adventures is his perfect partner.

NOTE: This book was provided by Amber Allure for the purpose of a review on Rainbow Book Reviews.
  SerenaYates | Oct 19, 2017 |
2015 - Amber Allure
2017 - eXtasy Books

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,657,462 books! | Top bar: Always visible