Treat Me Like A Pony by Amie Heights

Treat Me Like A Pony

by Amie Heights

212,551,640 (4.5)None
Recently added byLexxi, qstewart

My first read by this author. And likely I might have put off longer but for the readathon I was doing. Since it was available. And I wanted something to read.

I'm entering with the vague idea it might have something to do with ponies. Because, that's what the title says. Then first line has a woman wincing as a riding crop slapped against her bare bottom 'again'. So, that's a good first line. A damn good first line.

And . . damn it. Interesting, intriguing beginning and . . . story now goes back to 'begining' and how 'she got that way'. I'm so bloody tired of stories interesting me then for a few lines then back to a flash back. NOOOOOO!!!!

Seriously - I'd have been much more happy if this had opened with Paige in the store buying horse shampoo, or not having the flashback. Not starting with Paige as a pony, then having flashback. I'm . . that makes me feel bored as I watch things unfold. And since this is a short story, and *glances down* I see I'm already at 43%, I suspect everything will end right before anything else interesting occurs. I'm sad now.

Ah, okay, so the 'interesting bits' started up again at 59%. Now I'll just have to hope there aren't a ton of 'extras' at the end, eh? Making the story end at, say, 70%? Nope, didn't end at 70%. Ended at 89%. mmphs. It was a full complete story though, so that's good. ( )
  Lexxi | Oct 21, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,502,662 books! | Top bar: Always visible