28 Days of Solitude by B. L. Bruce

28 Days of Solitude

by B. L. Bruce

332,001,085 (4.33)None

28 Days of Solitude, by B.L. Bruce, is a memoir written in journal form. She has documented her intentions, thoughts and experiences during her 28 day stay in a cabin located in a remote area. She presents her thoughts clearly and her writing is elegant. She is a person with a great love of nature and of writing. Her insights of the writing experience, both the successes and the challenges, make this book an interesting read. Highly recommended.

I received this book free of charge and I give this review of my own free will. ( )
  SAMANTHA100 | Aug 12, 2015 |
28 Days of Solitude written by B.L. Bruce is a memoir that I found very beautifully written and informative. As I began reading I found the chapters were set up more like journal entries and each were recorded about the author's stay in a remote forest in North Carolina.

The author wrote each page elegantly and captured my interest with even the minor details. The memoir is written to give insight to a writer at work and lets the reader see the author for what she goes through to accomplish her passion. I believe that anyone who is interested in reading about an authors process of writing, or even other writers who are interested in seeing how one writer spent 28 days alone with her work at hand.

I was sent a copy of B.L. Bruce's book to give my honest review. I have to give this memoir five stars, because anything less wouldn't be justice on how much I loved this book. ( )
  kristinsbookreviews | Aug 12, 2015 |
This is written almost like a daily journal. Each entry explains what the author’s intentions were for that day. She then tells us about the struggles she has with her writing. I’ve often wanted to be dropped at a cabin in the middle of the woods somewhere to write. Having read her journal I know I would face a lot of the challenges that she faced. She would often get up and begin her writing, only to realize she wasn’t getting anywhere with it. She tried going different places to relax and get I spired. I understood her writing struggles. I believe all writers go through those same struggles. On page 41 she said “There’s no pretense or judgement when you write.” I feel that those very words are the reason writers write. We create, and the paper and words don'’ judge us. I enjoyed this book because I was able to relate to it. I’m not sure someone who is not a writer, or has no desire to write would really understand the message behind it. I will recommend it to those I know are writers or want to write. Maybe it will give them an idea about what real writing is about.
I received a copy to facilitate my review. The opinons expressed here are my own. ( )
  skstiles612 | Aug 6, 2015 |

Written during her twenty-eight-day stay in a small cabin in the remote mountain forests of Northern California, author B. L. Bruce chronicles the daily life of a writer at work. In the wake of her award-winning poetry collection, The Weight of Snow, 28 Days of Solitude moves the focus away from the creative work and toward the often-overlooked creator. Offering insights into her personal thoughts of the craft and its importance in her life before and during her residency, Bruce’s memoir aims to give readers a glimpse into the psyche of a writer.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 06 Aug 2015 17:13:10 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,913,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible