Night Watchman by Tony Dunbar

Night Watchman (edition 2015)

by Tony Dunbar (Author)

Member:datrappert
Title:Night Watchman
Authors:Tony Dunbar (Author)
Info:booksBnimble Mysteries (2015), 178 pages

Night Watchman by Tony Dunbar

I've read a few books from this series and thoroughly enjoyed all of them. This one was not quite as good as the others . Tubby seemed a bit depressed in this story. Still glad I read it though. ( )
  scot2 | Jul 12, 2017 |
Another wild ride through New Orleans with the sometimes less-than-upright lawyer Tubby Dubonnet and his merry band (secretary, private detective buddy, drinking buddy, latest girlfriend, etc.) This time Tubby is having pangs of conscience about the murder in New Orleans, 40 years before, of a student anti-war demonstrator who ended up dying in Tubby's arms. The trail leads him to some unexpected places. As usual, the story is long on coincidence and not that adept at achieving a smooth climax or tying up loose ends, but it doesn't matter. For reading pleasure, this is one of the top books in the series, as Tubby winds his way through a torture session, several restaurants, a good number of drinks, some lovemaking, run-ins with good and bad cops, and a few other things I can't remember at the moment. Just read it--you'll enjoy it. Nobody makes New Orleans come alive more than Dunbar. (Obviously I was destined to read this book. The day after I picked it up--or picked my Kindle up and searched for it--I found myself behind a car with a Tulane license plate holder. A little while later I was behind a different car with a Louisiana license plate. Since I live in Northern Virginia, this seemed like too much of a coincidence.)

Alas, although Monster Mudbug is at least mentioned, he does not make an appearance. ( )
  datrappert | Apr 21, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,839,449 books! | Top bar: Always visible