A Seditious Affair: A Society of Gentlemen…

by K. J. Charles (Author)

Member:RobynBachar
Title:A Seditious Affair: A Society of Gentlemen Novel (Society of Gentlemen Series Book 2)
Authors:K. J. Charles (Author)
Info:Loveswept (2015), 253 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading

A Seditious Affair: A Society of Gentlemen Novel (Society of Gentlemen Series Book 2) by KJ Charles

This second book in the series overlaps at the beginning with the events of the last, offering a different perspective on events. Here we understand more about the complicated relationship between Silas Mason - radical, seditious publisher, agitator - and Dominic Frey - Home Office employee, charged with stamping out just the kind of treason that Silas himself produces. It's something of a leap of faith to believe that these two men should have come to the arrangement that they have, without even knowing one another's names at first, but if one accepts that, then the rest of the story flows well. As I said in my review on the last book, I am not an habitual reader of romance and so, although Charles's sex scenes are undoubtedly well-written and memorable, I was most impressed by the way that she weaves the politics of the day into the story and makes that just as important as her characters' relationship. This, after all, is the time of the Peterloo Massacre, the Cato Street Conspiracy and the visionary publications of William Blake, and Charles shows how these events forced the educated classes to take an ideological stand, one way or the other, on Reform. For now, Dominic and Silas have managed to find an uneasy truce from their positions at opposite ends of the ideological scale, but how long can this last? For Silas's past continues to dog his steps, and Dominic will soon find himself having to face a terrible choice between his duty and his heart. ( )
  TheIdleWoman | Jan 22, 2017 |
Historical isn't always a win for me, but this series is wonderful in my opinion. This entire book was interesting to me, and the sex was smoking hot. The plot between this book and the last is connected. It's about politics of the time. The main characters in this story are on different sides of everything, but perfect matches in the bedroom. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
I need to rate this one more than 5 stars.

It really is that good. I was reading A seditious affair (love the title btw) while taking the bus to and from work. Bad idea. Not only did I nearly missed my stops, but... it's really hot. Like, really, really. There doesn't need to be actual sex scenes, just give me the foreplay and I'm a mess.

Silas and Dom are such a thrilling pairing and I love how much they grow, both as individuals and together. I can't decide which of them I love more.

But aside from the thrilling romance, this novel makes you think, too. About politics and laws and the status quo.

I can't wait to read it again. Please give me more of this pairing. ( )
  bookstogetlostin | Sep 18, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,245,737 books! | Top bar: Always visible