The Unexpected Inheritance of Inspector…

The Unexpected Inheritance of Inspector Chopra (A Baby Ganesh Agency… (edition 2015)

by Vaseem Khan (Author)

Member:majkia
Title:The Unexpected Inheritance of Inspector Chopra (A Baby Ganesh Agency Investigation)
Authors:Vaseem Khan (Author)
Info:Redhook (2015), Edition: First Paperback Edition, 320 pages
Collections:Most Wanted, Wishlist

The Unexpected Inheritance of Inspector Chopra by Vaseem Khan

3.5. ( )
  tkcs | Feb 23, 2019 |
This was pretty entertaining, and certainly painted a vivid picture of modern Mumbai, but it wasn't great as a mystery. The book focuses more on Chopra and his wife Poppy than on the mystery, and the mystery is solved pretty abruptly. The baby elephant is naturally the best part, but also entirely implausible and I mostly felt sorry for the poor thing. ( )
  Gwendydd | Aug 13, 2018 |
Cute, nice try, OK read. ( )
  kerns222 | May 25, 2018 |
A fun, well-written mystery! I look forward to reading the next in the series. ( )
  hopeevey | May 20, 2018 |
I’ve been doing a lot of heavy reading (and thinking) lately, so this was a much-deserved treat. I was having trouble understanding the audiobook at first . . . until I realized that I had the playback speed set at 1.5 from my previous book. Oops! 1.25 was fine. Anyway, straight-as-an-arrow retired policeman Chopra spectacularly fails at retirement, aided by baby elephant Ganesh. What’s not to like?! ( )
  joyblue | Feb 13, 2018 |

Vaseem Khanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Burlinson, AmberCopy editorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Carroll, ZoëProofreadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Woodbine, AnnaCover artist & designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my family. To my late mother, whose words inspire me still. To my father Mohammed. To my sisters and brother, Shabana, Rihana, Irram and Addeel. And to Nirupama Khan who first showed me her Mumbai.
On the day that he was due to retire, Inspector Ashwin Chopra discovered that he had inherited an elephant.

On the day he retires, Inspector Ashwin Chopra inherits two unexpected mysteries.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 16 Aug 2015 10:16:00 -0400)

"The first is the case of a drowned boy, whose suspicious death no one seems to want solved. And the second is a baby elephant. As his search for clues takes him across the teeming city of Mumbai, from its grand high rises to its sprawling slums and deep into its murky underworld, Chopra begins to suspect that there may be a great deal more to both his last case and his new ward than he thought. And he soon learns that when the going gets tough, a determined elephant may be exactly what an honest man needs..."--Provided by publisher.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,354,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible