Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho! by Doreen Cronin

Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho!

by Doreen Cronin

This is a twist on the book Click Clack Moo. It takes place on christmas eve when the duck climbed on to the roof and got stuck. The whole book is repeated with different animals getting stuck in the chimney. In the end santa gets everyone unstuck. I would use this to teach repetition in books, and why authors sometimes write like this.
  Nicholepeterse | Nov 23, 2016 |
this book is about the holidays and how the duck wants something but then gets stuck in the process. his farm animal friends come to the rescue to help him out but they also get stuck as well. it is great for kids because it lets them know that they can help others out too even if they are to get stuck in the process. it would make for a funny story to tell at the end. ( )
  madisonallmand | Oct 26, 2016 |
Summary: The Click,Clack, HO,HO,HO book is a great children's Christmas book. The story starts on Christmas Eve and has the farmer getting ready for Santa. The duck is trying to sneak in the house for the presents when he gets stuck. The sheep then tries to help the duck and gets stuck, the cow and pigs also get stuck. All animals get stuck with duck and then Santa shows up and has to get all animals unstuck and then all the animals and Farmer are around the Christmas tree celebrating Christmas while Santa rides away.

Personal Reaction: I loved this children's book and so did my two year old when I read it to her. These pictures where very colorful and kept my daughter interested through the whole book. Every child can relate to this book because it is about Christmas and Santa and almost all kids love Santa and Christmas time so this book would always be a huge hit with the children.

Classroom Extension: One extension you could do after reading this book is to do a arts and crafts where the students can make a Santa out of plates and cotton balls and red paper. Another extension that could be done would be to have the children write down what they want from Santa and then allow any students to share with the class their wishes if they want to. ( )
  CherokeeDavies | Jul 12, 2016 |
I liked this book for three reasons. First, I thought the language was very fun, and I appreciated that it was appropriate for a variety of ages. For younger students, for example, it would be a great shared reading book, as there are both repetitive phrases and numerous instances of rhyming. The book uses humorous language, however, that would still be fun and entertaining for older students. Second, I like the plot. I thought that it was a great book for the holiday seasons, especially if the readers were already familiar with the Click, Clack series. It provides an interesting, relevant way to see the familiar characters in a new light. Third, I really enjoyed the illustrations. The colors were bright and eye-catching, and I especially liked the colors and techniques used on the nighttime scenes. The font and typeface stand out and further enhance the page, as it really utilizes all the open space. The story, however, does not have a distinct message. The idea is simply a fun tale about Duck and his familiar antics. ( )
  mkatz9 | Dec 1, 2015 |
this is similar to click clack moo. this is a special edition where Santa comes to the barn. everyone is preparing for christmas in the barn including farmer brow. Once again, Duck gets the whole barn in a predicament and might ruin christmas.
  taylortrost | Dec 1, 2015 |

As Farmer Brown prepares the house for Christmas, Duck tries to play Santa--but he gets stuck in the chimney, along with all the other animals who try to help.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,738,820 books! | Top bar: Always visible