Life with a Sprinkle of Glitter by Louise…

Life with a Sprinkle of Glitter

by Louise Pentland

161858,341 (4)1

I just finished reading Louise Pentland's Life With A Sprinkle of Glitter. If you're not hugely into YouTube or lifestyle/beauty blogging then you probably have no idea who Louise is. Her online identity is (aptly named) Sprinkleofglitter and she's great. Her book is exactly like her. It's a collection of silly, sweet, heartwarming, British-y goodness. I bought my copy when I visited the United Kingdom a few weeks ago because they have it in hardcover and it is GORGEOUS. There are chapters on everything from body positivity to crafts to practicing kindness. It's definitely a feel good book that I can see myself picking up and perusing when I'm feeling a bit low (or when I want to make a sweet treat for a social gathering). It's a quick read and Louise's brand of humor is really up my street (if you don't like it when someone laughs at their own jokes you might want to stay away). Did I mention that it's a really gorgeous book? I'm talking full-color layouts on every single page, people. ( )
  AliceaP | Sep 11, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 150112899X, Paperback)

Aloha Sprinklerinos!

Louise Pentland leads a very happy life. That’s because she chooses to. Sure, she has dark and dreary days. But, as she has come to understand, the joy is all in your perspective. Happiness is not measured in size but in significance.

On her wildly popular YouTube channel, Sprinkle of Glitter, Louise talks a lot about changing the way we think. Her motto? Happiness is there for everyone: you just have to choose to face everything with a smile and positivity. It’s not just about the big things either—it’s about the tiny, intangible moments that make up the course of a lifetime and how to live that lifetime to the absolute fullest.

This book is like one of those glorious vintage shops where every surface is laden with treasure: cut glass, pill boxes, old cameras, pendants, and chests of drawers. Each chapter is a gem-encrusted tin that you can peep inside to discover fun topics such as glitz (beauty and pampering, traveling in style) and creativity (crafting, prettifying your room), to tougher topics such as bullying and body confidence, to the universal topic of love (dating, bonding with baby, being kind). Whether you take in tiny bits at a time or devour the book all in one go, Louise shares how she has learned to enrich her life, and you can too…with just a Sprinkle of Glitter. Toodlepip!

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 02 Sep 2015 02:15:31 -0400)

YouTube star Sprinkle of Glitter, also known as lifestyle and beauty vlogger Louise Pentland, offers a delightful guide to finding happiness and sprinkling positivity into every area of your life, from nights out with your friends to the trinkets you display on your vanity.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,027,573 books! | Top bar: Always visible