Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

My Friend Lucky: A Love Story (Anne Schwartz…

My Friend Lucky: A Love Story (Anne Schwartz Books)

by David Milgrim

This book portrays the relationship between a little boy and his dog, Lucky. Lucky has quite a personality and gets into all sorts of things, but the most important part is that Lucky and the boy both love each other more than anything.

Clearly written with preschool age children in mind, David Milgrim keeps this book short and sweet. Lucky is something on one page, and then he's the opposite on the next page. Such as, "Lucky's sad/Lucky's happy." This continues for the entirety of the book. The simple vocabulary Milgrim chose to use also caters to his intended audience. ( )
  T.Spears | Sep 20, 2017 |
My Friend Lucky is not your average book of opposites. While it does take the standard format for this genre, with the contrasted pairs portrayed on opposing pages, and a bare minimum of text, the author gives us more than just the usual concrete opposites.

To read the full review, check it out at ( )
  Noodlenuts | Mar 26, 2014 |
The book describes all about what lucky is to a little boy. He sums it up in saying he loves Lucky. This story was very short and sweet, and that's what made me love it even more. I also loved the illustrations in the book. it reminded me of a show i use to watch when i was little. ( )
  achatela | Apr 12, 2013 |

There's nobody better than a best friend, especially if it's a dog named Lucky! Whether he's quiet (sometimes) or loud (usually), giving kisses or getting kissed, he's always up (or down) to something.

Come along with a boy and his best friend as they share some special moments in this delightful picture book filled with love and opposites.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:23 -0400)

A dog named Lucky demonstrates opposites such as slow and fast, dry and wet, cold and warm, and here and there.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,491,305 books! | Top bar: Always visible