What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey

What I Know For Sure (edition 2014)

by Oprah Winfrey (Author)

Member:esonic
Title:What I Know For Sure
Authors:Oprah Winfrey (Author)
Info:Flatiron Books (2014), Edition: First Edition; First Printing, 240 pages
Collections:Wishlist Milena

What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey

I have read this book more than 10 times and gifted it to more than 20 people. I happened to get it when life was full of unwanted work stress. Looking busy was practiced inevitably by most at work; it still does! Things have taken a u-turn for me since then. The book is an earnest attempt by Oprah to convey we do not need to struggle with our lives so much. It's a brilliant articulation of responses we need on many of our silent 'whys'. It's said that on our last day on earth the person we become meets with the person we could have become! If you're curious to find ways to seek your full potential, this is a must read. Oprah took almost 17 years to answer a question "What do you know for sure?" asked by late Chicago Tribune film critic Gene Siskel. This book is the answer. It has good potential to save many wasteful years of one's life when he knows there's no shortcuts in life! ( )
  dimplesrao | Dec 21, 2017 |
This was a profound read for me. While I started this somewhat with trepidation, as I'm not one to usually read something like this, it struck me from the very beginning. As someone who has had a scary and difficult year, I found a lot of truth and connection to the stories told in this that deeply struck a cord with me. Oprah recounts some of her biggest moments in life and the lessons she learned from them. I appreciated the accessibility of how she was retelling her advice and thoughts while she was recounting her life's journey so far. I thought this was a humble and thought provoking read.

Sarah M. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog.
  mcpl.wausau | Sep 25, 2017 |
The late, insightful film critic, Gene Siskel, managed to do something no one else had: pose a question to Oprah that not only caught her off guard, but left her without an answer. Oprah took this question to heart and compiled this book from her years of responding to this very query.

The beauty of Gene Siskel's question is that it made Oprah spend quality time examining the true meaning of her life and what matters most to her. This question is a cornerstone for all of us. More important than the messages Oprah has in this book, are the messages we discover for ourselves. I invite you all to use this book as a springboard, find your own truth, and live it fully! ( )
  CherieKephart | Aug 3, 2017 |
This is a small very sensitively written book containing lot's of wisdom - written by a very strong character. I love the last paragraph "Today I try to do well and be well with everyone I encounter. I make sure to use my life for goodwill. Because I know for sure that what I think, what I say, what I do-everything will be returned to me. And the same is true for you." ( )
  justmum | Mar 19, 2017 |
Inspiring! I've always been a fan of hers anyway, but, I listened to this as an audiobook and really, truly enjoy the stories woven into great wisdom about life in her own words and voice. ( )
  bjoelle5 | Feb 10, 2016 |

Oprah Winfreyprimary authorall editionscalculated
O the Oprah Magazinemain authorall editionsconfirmed

"After film critic Gene Siskel asked her, "What do you know for sure?" Oprah Winfrey began writing the "What I Know For Sure" column in O, The Oprah Magazine. Saying that the question offered her a way to take "stock of her life," Oprah has penned one column a month over the last fourteen years, years in which she retired The Oprah Winfrey Show (the highest-rated program of its kind in history), launched her own television network, became America's only black billionaire, was awarded an honorary degree from Harvard University and the Presidential Medal of Freedom, watched friends and colleagues come and go, lost beloved pets and adopted new ones, and celebrated milestone birthdays. Throughout it all, she's continued to offer her profound and inspiring words of wisdom in her "What I Know For Sure" column in O, The Oprah Magazine.Now, for the first time, these thoughtful gems have been revised, updated, and collected in What I Know For Sure, a beautiful book packed with insight and revelation from Oprah Winfrey. Organized by theme--joy, resilience, connection, gratitude, possibility, awe, clarity, and power--these essays offer a rare and powerful glimpse into the mind of one of the world's most extraordinary women. Candid, moving, exhilarating, uplifting, and dynamic, the words Oprah shares in What I Know For Sure shimmer with the sort of wisdom and truth that readers will turn to again and again. "--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,657,553 books! | Top bar: Always visible