Loud Lula by Katy S. Duffield

Loud Lula

by Katy S. Duffield

Summary: This story is about a little girl named Lula. She has a terribly loud voice and she has a hard time being quiet, especially once she reaches the age where she starts going to school. Everyone is really tired of our crazy loud voice until she ends up saving the whole town by warning everyone about a fire that she sees out the schoolhouse window. Due to her loud voice, all the fire stations across 5 counties heard about the fire and were on the scene right away. People thought of Lula as a hero from then on.

Critique of Genre: I'm going to say this one's fantasy. Even though it's about a little girl who starts going to school, it's pretty unrealistic at times because apparently her voice is loud enough to reach across 5 counties. Her loud voice even helps to put out a fire, which could never actually happen in real life.

Age: Primary

Media: Digital Media
  aschoenberg12 | Apr 7, 2017 |
Loud Lula is about a girl Lula who was born with an exceedingly loud voice. Everyone dislikes how loud she is until one day at school she spots a fire and alerts the whole town by yelling about it. The theme is that sometimes our gifts aren't always seen as being good until we can help others out in our own special way. Lula is very relatable to young children, especially the kids in my class, because they are all very loud and require a lot of reminders to use their inside voices. Reading about Lula helped them realize that they are not always wrong for being loud and that there is a time and place for everything. A few of my louder students even request this book be read to them, and they always listen attentively and make comments about Lula throughout. ( )
  LeslieMuir | Mar 18, 2017 |
This the story of LuLa a good ole southern girl with a loud voice. This well drawn picture book, is funnier than a box full of puppies. It teaches that everyone's flaws has a unique value given the right circumstances. ( )
  Cataloger623 | Nov 23, 2016 |

"Since her birth, Lula's LOUD voice has wreaked tens kinds of havoc across Pryor County, disrupting humans and animals alike. Lula's parents are worried: What's going to happen when Lula starts school?"--Front flap.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,258,381 books! | Top bar: Always visible