Dragons Will Fall: Kingdom Come: Book 1,…

Dragons Will Fall: Kingdom Come: Book 1, Fantasy Romance Series

by Susan Scott

213,791,907 (4)None
Recently added bysherylrhayes, STACYatUFI

No tags.

I wasn't quite sure how much I would like DRAGONS WILL FALL during the first couple of pages, but the book picked up nicely and the characters quickly start grabbing your attention.

In DRAGONS WILL FALL we meet Kasima, a half-light. She and the other half-lights are in hiding from those that wish to harm them, but she is currently using her gift of invisibility to spy in the castle because someone has infiltrated their camp and is putting them in even more danger. I won't go much more into the plot of the book, but she ends up meeting Cullen in the castle and finds out that Cullen is looking for her, but she isn't willing to tell him that she is who he is looking for and she refuses to take him to the half-light camp like he demands. The Dragons are dying and he is desperate to find Kasima in hopes that she can heal them. We find out very early on that Kas also has the gift of healing, but she is scared of her power because it has killed in the past and she doesn't have control of it. She goes through quite a bit in DRAGONS WILL FALL to try and get her powers under control so she can help cure the dragons of the illness that is killing them.

I found Kas to be very determined, a bit stubborn and willing to do just about anything to get the job done. She has a really hard time trusting people, but is very loyal once she does. Cullen came off as very hard in the beginning, but we quickly get to know how much he cares for his people. Cullen and Kas's romantic relationship was slow going, but kinda exploded when they finally gave into each other. The other dragons definitely don't approve of their relationship and I really loved how Cullen could care less about what they thought.

I had fun learning about and exploring the new world that Ms. Scott created in her new Kingdom Come series. The whole story flowed well and the characters were all very likable (or extremely unlikable where required lol). I enjoyed the way that Kas and Cullen worked together to defeat the dragon's foe and although I am a bit hesitant, because she seems a bit shady at the moment, I am excited to see what happens with Muriel in her book, which I am thinking will be next.

* This book was provided free of charge from the author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  STACYatUFI | Sep 15, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,326,164 books! | Top bar: Always visible