dismiss

How to Train Your Dragon (2003)

by Cressida Cowell

Series: Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III (1)

Chronicles the adventures and misadventures of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third as he tries to pass the important initiation test of his Viking clan, the Tribe of the Hairy Hooligans, by catching and training a dragon.
Recently added bylcslibrarian, BeeAfraid, mrsjwitt, private library, 1aruthw, Rivaton

English (138)  German (1)  French (1)  All languages (140)
Narrated by David Tennant. Need I say more? ( )
  TheaIsaacs | Apr 20, 2020 |
Interesting, very quick read. ( )
  BelindaS7 | Apr 14, 2020 |
The only reason I downloaded this book is because it is narrated by David Tennant. I couldn't help myself I just had to listen to Tennant read. I expected the book to resemble the movie - which I loved. But I was wrong. This story was very different than the movie and way fun. Tennant is an amazing narrator and he brought the story to life. And since the story was so different from the movie, it was all new to me. I highly recommend this audiobook if you have young kids or if you're a Tennant fan. ( )
  melrailey | Apr 7, 2020 |
Listened to the audiobook, narrated by DAVID TENNANT, it was a fantastic experience, completely different from the movie and extremely funny and interesting ( )
  enlasnubess | Feb 26, 2020 |
The book isn't as I expected based on seeing the movie, but we enjoyed it. There are several laugh out loud moments. The scary, intense moments are often broken quickly with humor.
This is about a group of viking boys and brains winning over brawn. There are female characters in the book, mostly dragons. I was a little surprised by this, but liked that there were strong dragon female characters. ( )
  kparr | Jan 24, 2020 |

Cressida Cowellprimary authorall editionscalculated
Doyle, GerardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lenting, InekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pickering, JimmyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tennant, DavidNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my good friend, Toothless - H.H.H. III
The translator would like to dedicate this book to her brother, Caspar, with love and admiration.
There were dragons when I was a boy.

AR 6.6, Pts 5

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,076,187 books! | Top bar: Always visible