How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell

How to Train Your Dragon (original 2003; edition 2010)

by Cressida Cowell

Member:cemmom
Title:How to Train Your Dragon
Authors:Cressida Cowell
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: 1, Paperback, 240 pages

How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell (2003)

English (119)  German (1)  French (1)  All (121)
This is a fantasy book about a viking village and their interactions with dragons.
  HaleyCarlson | May 7, 2017 |
Have you ever read the book how to train your Dragon? I think this book is the best! I have lots of adventures with tooth lis and hiccup! My favorite part is when they win!and you can tell your mom or dad can I go to the library. I think this book is the best but I know you disagree with me.it is for five and up. And you can read it whenever you want! You can get at the Barrington library. Hiccup up tooth lis are hunting the bad guys. And the bad guy is Ricecker. He's trying to steel the Dragon eye. I need the dragon night to discover new Dragon say already found 4 or 5 dragons. I like it very very much. Because really cool adventures.Friends are ostrich fish legs and rug nut and turf nut and hether. Can you plus with friends I whore I storm front and hook phantom and barf and belch and wing sheredr . And Heather uesttoo to have a family and her brother trnd bad and killed him and Heather's family. Go read it. Hey Trnd good and help them . The big reasons are thay have cool adventurous and that is why I like this book I would give it infinity stars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( )
  Roslyn_First_Grade | Apr 4, 2017 |
I liked this book more than I anticipated I would. The movie was still undeniably better than the book, but the book was still fun. It was a cute, silly middle grade book. I liked Hiccup and Toothless, even though their characters (especially Toothless's) are a lot different from the movie. The slightly different purposes for the dragons was interesting to see too, and the fact that dragons can understand the humans (but only obey them if they are yelling) but the humans (except Hiccup) can't understand the dragons, and speaking in the dragon language is illegal. I know that the movie was based on the book, so in most cases like this, the book would be better, but I thought the movie had more depth to the characters, and to the plot. ( )
  NicoleSch | Feb 26, 2017 |
Very short review: cute and clever but ultimately too gross to become a favourite. I can see why it is a huge hit with its target audience though. ( )
  aurelas | Dec 23, 2016 |
This is a great young adult novel. I went into this book thinking it would be very close to the movie but it was really nothing like it. There were some vague similarities, but mostly it was a completely different story. I am interested enough that I would definitely look into reading more of the series. The story was simple and well written with witty illustrations punctuating the high points. I look forward to reading more to my son, who was obsessed with the movie and seems to like the book for it's references to it. ( )
  JessBass87 | Dec 2, 2016 |

Cressida Cowellprimary authorall editionscalculated
Doyle, GerardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lenting, InekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pickering, JimmyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tennant, DavidNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my good friend, Toothless - H.H.H. III
The translator would like to dedicate this book to her brother, Caspar, with love and admiration.
There were dragons when I was a boy.

AR 6.6, Pts 5

Chronicles the adventures and misadventures of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third as he tries to pass the important initiation test of his Viking clan, the Tribe of the Hairy Hooligans, by catching and training a dragon.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,476,054 books! | Top bar: Always visible