How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell

How to Train Your Dragon (original 2003; edition 2010)

by Cressida Cowell

Title:How to Train Your Dragon
Authors:Cressida Cowell
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: 1, Paperback, 240 pages

How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell (2003)

Recently added byvivians, Rosa.Mill, Akennedy772, DuchessofHazard, ekh20, private library, nyxluna19, mwalkerlib

English (102)  German (1)  French (1)  All languages (104)
This was a fun read. Very different from the movie but still a totally amazing story. I was very happy to hear David Tennant doing the voices, he did a great job. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
O read with her Dad and then watched the movie which other than character names are pretty much two different stories. But she enjoyed both. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
I never even knew their was a book until way after I watched the first two movies when my friend told me about them. Intrigued by this development, I proceeded to read the first book, and then devoured the next ten books. I instantly fell in love with the books. The books and movies are so vastly different that I simply view them as two entirely unrelated stories, and I find that personally I am perfectly happy with this. The books are absolutely wonderful. This first book was hysterical and exciting. The dragons are amazing. I have always wanted my own dragon (ever since reading Eragon) and this book made me view dragons in a different light. They are fascinating and amazingly heroic creatures that I feel every budding hero should have as a friend. Toothless brings out the best in Hiccup, starting him on his journey to become the greatest hero the Barbaric Archipelago has ever seen. ( )
  DrPedro | Oct 19, 2015 |
Playful, entertaining, clever, and wonderful. ( )
  MizPurplest | Sep 21, 2015 |

Cressida Cowellprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Doyle, GerardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lenting, InekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pickering, JimmyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tennant, DavidNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my good friend, Toothless - H.H.H. III
The translator would like to dedicate this book to her brother, Caspar, with love and admiration.
There were dragons when I was a boy.

AR 6.6, Pts 5

Chronicles the adventures and misadventures of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third as he tries to pass the important initiation test of his Viking clan, the Tribe of the Hairy Hooligans, by catching and training a dragon.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,863,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible