The Rabbit Who Wants to Fall Asleep: A New…

The Rabbit Who Wants to Fall Asleep: A New Way of Getting Children to… (original 2014; edition 2015)

by Carl-Johan Forssen Ehrlin (Author)

Do you struggle with getting your child to fall asleep? In " The Rabbit Who Wants To Fall Asleep " you will follow Roger The Rabbit when he gets help from Uncle Yawn and other friends to fall asleep in the evening. Your child is quickly compelled by the story and falls asleep when you read it or after. The story is in a lovely way sleep-inducing and helps children all over the world to fall asleep.… (more)
Member:BurksBoys
Title:The Rabbit Who Wants to Fall Asleep: A New Way of Getting Children to Sleep
Authors:Carl-Johan Forssen Ehrlin (Author)
Info:Crown Books for Young Readers (2015), 32 pages

The Rabbit Who Wants to Fall Asleep: A New Way of Getting Children to Sleep by Carl-Johan Forssen Ehrlin (2014)

We've listened to this three times. The first time, it made my 3 year old pass out. After that, not so much. Right now (while listening in the dark at bedtime) she and her 5 year old brother have started talking and asking questions about whether the story takes place in a rabbit world and if there are any humans there... Oh well... It has some good relaxation techniques. The repetition is a little annoying to me (is there a reason they say "fall asleep now" over and over again?) but the audio book is unobtrusive and easy to ignore. ( )
  wrightja2000 | Sep 6, 2018 |
This children's book claims to help children fall asleep, and can be read aloud before nap time or bedtime. Innovative, and child-tested using a technique developed by Norwegian author, Carl-Johan Forssen Ehrlin, a life coach with a background in psychology. This children's book has a very simple story but is told with special language designed to help children relax and fall asleep. Included are special instructions to the person reading the book aloud, explaining how throughout the story bold texts are to be emphasized and italic texts should be read slowly and calmly. Also, parts of the book requires the reader to yawn, or give a physical action. At other parts, the reader inserts the name of the child that is being read to into the story itself. This book can fit into the modern fantasy genre because animals talk in this book, Roger the Rabbit has conversations with Sleepy Snail and Heavy-Eyed Owl. Media: colored pencil.
  rwilke | Apr 16, 2016 |
Very disappointed. Although it does use basic and established techniques for getting to sleep, the story is very, very long, so odds are if you read aloud another story of equal length, the child would be tired. The plot was seriously dull and not always in good English. There are some really good audio-books on the market that do the same thing but to a much higher standard. Good idea though. It would be nice to have a book a parent can read rather than listen to a stranger's voice on audio. It is just a shame about the execution. ( )
  mumoftheanimals | Sep 7, 2015 |
I found this book a bit boring and didn't finish it. I did go to sleep but it was 9pm and I got up at 6am and jad no nap, and I had arranged cuddly toys and pillows all snugly around me ( )
  AlannaB | Sep 7, 2015 |
I am going to tell you a story that can make you feel very sleepy.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,742,034 books! | Top bar: Always visible