Deathstalker War (Deathstalker) by Simon R.…

Deathstalker War (Deathstalker) (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Simon R. Green

Member:pattermj
Title:Deathstalker War (Deathstalker)
Authors:Simon R. Green
Info:Roc (1997), Paperback, 528 pages

Deathstalker War by Simon R. Green (1997)

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission. Title: Deathstalker War Series: Deathstalker Author: Simon Green Rating: of 5 Battle Axes Genre: SFF Pages: 532 Format: Kindle Synopsis: The time for Rebellion is NOW! With 2 more missions under their belt, the Rebellion moves things into high gear and begins its assault on the Empress herself. Owen must decide if he will be a Force to be Reckoned With after the dust settles or just a historian again. My Thoughts: This was a lot of fun. 2 battles where the Empire is attacking its enemies and 1 battle right on Golgotha [the home asteroid/planet of the Imperial Court] between the Empire and the Rebellion. That is a lot of fighting, and it was good. This book wraps up the rebellion against the Empire and is a good place to stop if you've been on the line about these books. You get some resolution and a clear cut ending. For those of us who want to keep going, there are still all the Aliens, AI of Shub, Hadenmen and other boogly-wooglies to keep us interested. This series has been a good pulp read more than anything so far. Nothing excellent stands out but on the flipside, nothing bad or negative sticks out as well. I am ok with the majority of my reads being like that. " ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
This was the 3rd Deathstalker book, and while I did enjoy it, parts of it were a bit weird. Not a single one of these books has been without typos, though. I’m always surprised when I run across them, I wonder if anybody does any proofreading!

The trip to Haceldama was a bit strange and the ending (of that part of the book) was somewhat anticlimactic, but overall I liked it. The plot has really advanced, and we see Owen Deathstalker finally confront the Empress. Several secrets were revealed about main characters, but there are still more to come to light in the next book (at least the epilogue says so). ( )
  Homechicken | Nov 19, 2007 |

Simon R. Greenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Giancola, DonatoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451456084, Mass Market Paperback)

The continuing adventures of Owen Deathstalker pit the warrior rebel and his compatriots, Hazel d'Ark and Jack Ransom, against the evil Empress of the planet Golgotha, who has some cosmic tricks up her sleeve. Original."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:47 -0400)

Fate has made Owen Deathstalker a rebel hero is an empire overrun by vicious tyranny. Now, as the revolution speeds to a fiery conclusion, humanity's survival depends on a clash of arms across the light-years of space. But Deathstalker's cause may need more than courageous fighters, for the Empress still has some deadly surprises to unleash.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,944,516 books! | Top bar: Always visible