Professional Integrity by Michael J.…

Professional Integrity

by Michael J. Sullivan

I thought that this short story was well done & you don't need to be familiar with the series to enjoy it. ( )
  leslie.98 | Aug 27, 2017 |
Professional Integrity (Riyria #2.6) by Michael J. Sullivan is an awesome book that had twists and turns all over the place. Our heroes were hired the a young lass to kidnap her so one of the guys would rescue her and she would be notice by this handsome guy. The heroes were not interested, even with the large amount of money she offered until she said that her dad locked her in a metal box on the nights the guy comes over. Now, intrigued, they took the case just to see what was going on. It was a very exciting and clever book. Loved it! LOTS of twists! It was free on amazon audio. ( )
  MontzaleeW | Jan 28, 2017 |
I loved this, mostly b/c of the narrator. The story was cute, but the narrator is what made me love it. Since he is the narrator for the rest of the series, I am now very tempted to go back and continue this series in audio format. ( )
  JackDaniel42 | Aug 14, 2016 |
This was a well done short story featuring Hadrian and Royce from the Riyria Chronicles. I got this on audiobook for free from Audible.com. This can be read as a stand alone and was very entertaining and ironic. I enjoyed it a lot.

This story has a lot of the clever banter, which these two characters are known for. The story seems pretty straightforward (and a bit ridiculous) to start but as things unfold you find out that there are many layers to this heiress’s simple request.

Overall a very fun and entertaining read and free! I would definitely recommend to fantasy fans who enjoy some humor and mystery in their stories. This made me want to go up and pick up the only Riyria book I haven’t read yet; The Death of Dulgath. ( )
  krau0098 | Jun 17, 2016 |
Kristin, a young woman, wants Royce and Hadrian to kidnap her. She'll pay, of course. She wants a man to know she exists. Hoping the plan to disappear, her father the Lord panic, and the young man come to her rescue. What Royce and Hadrian uncover in her place is far more dangerous than a simple job. And a deeper plan than they expected to find.

Tim Gerard Reynolds, once again, is the narrator for our duo. He does an amazing job with the dry humor banter between Royce and Hadrian. His emotion shows for our men, Royce a bit not caring and Hadrian a bit of caring and worry. Along with doing a voice tone difference for Kristin. His pacing is well done. I slipped right into the world of Royce and Hadrian with ease here.

This is the classic Royce and Hadrian we know! Royce cracks me up with his observation of Kristin along with his offhand honesty. We do, for a flash, see a softer side of Royce. *gasp* For a moment as the look crosses his face, but then it's gone. Hadrian is as caring as ever. He just can't say no. And the tall tale 'easy job' he always things he's getting them into becomes so much more. We get to see Hadrian's talent with disarming and a quick look at him with a sword.

Do you have to read others before this? No. This one can stand on it's own. It will give you a great feel for the characters personalities. If you loved this story, I highly suggest picking up all the books in the world with them. This is what you'll get.

There are hints to Royce and Hadrian, how they are now along with touches of their history or hinting at a history is present. There's even a drop referencing The Jester, nothing big but a nice way to tie everything together.

Michael has done a wonderful job with the duo here. Boy, this story really re-awoke my love for the characters. ( )
  MelHay | Sep 27, 2015 |

Sullivan, Michael J.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Reynolds, Tim GerardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Michael J. Sullivan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,877,738 books! | Top bar: Always visible