Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

The Appetizer Atlas: A World of Small Bites

by Arthur L. Meyer

Whether in the form of a passed hors d'oeuvre or canape or a small plated dish set at table, appetizers are used around the world to offer the first taste of a chef's cuisine and set the tone for the meal to follow. This extensive cookbook/reference offers hundreds of irresistible recipes for appetizers and small bites culled from the world's cuisines. It includes a chef's index by category and a chef's index by main ingredient.… (more)

THE APPETIZER ATLAS is a wonderfully complete compendium of small dishes, tapas, apps and hors doeuvres that I consider a must-have for my professional library, and wouldnt be a bad buy for the home cook who throws the occasional fancy dinner party. Its one of those rare recipe collections that I can read like a novel, moving from one side of the globe to the other within a few pages, salivating along the way. The ATLAS has come to my rescue more than once in my restaurant, trying to figure out something fun for a banquet or private party. Good food, good book, good God let's eat. ( )
  maravedi | Dec 3, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,670,717 books! | Top bar: Always visible