Brief Cases (Dresden Files) by Jim Butcher

Brief Cases (Dresden Files) (edition 2018)

by Jim Butcher (Author)

Member:Barb_H
Title:Brief Cases (Dresden Files)
Authors:Jim Butcher (Author)
Info:Ace (2018), 448 pages
Collections:Read
Rating:*****
Tags:Ebook, Fiction, Borrowed, Read in 2018, Fantasy, Short Stories, Series: The Dresden Files, Supernatural

Brief Cases by Jim Butcher

Side Jobs by Jim Butcher (aspirit)
    aspirit: Another anthology of The Dresden Files

English (15)  German (1)  All languages (16)
A good collection. I was glad to have access to all three Bigfoot stories in one place.

I think ‘Jury Duty’ is a favorite.
  2wonderY | Nov 23, 2018 |
I went into this book prepared to be frustrated by the fact that there still isn't a new full length Dresden novel. Once in, however, I was thoroughly charmed. This is a series of short stories set at different points in the Dresden Files. A few feature Harry as star, but several stories focus on his companions instead. I particularly enjoyed the story of Molly's first mission in her new job, and the series of Bigfoot stories. I was reminded of how much I enjoy this series, and now I just feel excited for the next book. ( )
  duchessjlh | Nov 20, 2018 |
Brief Cases is a book of short stories from the POVs of Harry Dresden, Molly and Warden Luccio. If you don't know who any of these people are, skip this book for now and IMMEDIATELY start with the first book in the series, Storm Front. Then come back to this one. If you are a fan of this series already, then this will be entirely sufficient to tide you over until the next full-length addition to the Wizard Dresden adventures comes out. ( )
  ouroborosangel | Sep 7, 2018 |
12 stories, only 7 of which actually involve--much less star--Harry. The other stories feature formerly bit characters and show us how they are struggling to grow into the new roles that have been thrust upon them since meeting Harry: Butters, Molly, Maggie, Marcone, Mouse. Be aware, though, that most of these stories make references to things that have happened in the novels and may serve as spoilers if you've not already read ALL of them. Since I've read all of the books in sequence I was able to decipher the cryptic references to items like "The Outsiders" and my knowledge helped me understand some of the context and rationale for various actions and events. Additionally are included the 3 Bigfoot stories. There are fewer pyrotechnics--at least on Harry's part--and more thoughtfulness. In summary, if you've enjoyed the novels then you'll definitely want to read this book. ( )
  majackson | Sep 4, 2018 |
This is a great way to get back into the series. Which I totally plan to do. A reread has been in the back of my head for some time now. Just have to find the time to get to it. This has helped put some motivation on the dream. I really enjoyed seeing Harry again and especially the Zoo Day story where I got to see Harry through Maggie's eyes. I enjoy how you don't really get the impression that Harry is this intimidating and scary guy until you see how other people see him. The perks of being in his head exclusively through most of his books. I am REALLY looking forward to more books about Harry. I'm glad these stories were able to hold me over during the wait. ( )
  Kassilem | Aug 26, 2018 |

"An all-new Dresden Files story headlines this urban fantasy short story collection starring the Windy City's favorite wizard. The world of Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, is rife with intrigue--and creatures of all supernatural stripes. And you'll make their intimate acquaintance as Harry delves into the dark side of truth, justice, and the American way in this must-have short story collection. From the Wild West to the bleachers at Wrigley Field, humans, zombies, incubi, and even fey royalty appear, ready to blur the line between friend and foe. In the never-before-published "Zoo Day," Harry treads new ground as a dad, while fan-favorite characters Molly Carpenter, his onetime apprentice, White Council Warden Anastasia Luccio, and even Bigfoot stalk through the pages of more classic tales. With twelve stories in all, Brief Cases offers both longtime fans and first-time readers tantalizing glimpses into Harry's funny, gritty, and unforgettable realm, whetting their appetites for more to come from the wizard with a heart of gold"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,356,787 books! | Top bar: Always visible