Der blonde Eckbert. Der Runenberg. Die…

Der blonde Eckbert. Der Runenberg. Die Elfen.

by Ludwig Tieck

I read this for my German class. It was pretty enjoyable. But all I can really say is that I did NOT expect it to end with incest! WOW. ( )
  hylandk | Nov 2, 2016 |
Possibly my favorite sentence ever written in the German language:

"Eckbert lag wahnsinnig und verscheidend auf dem Boden; dumpf und verworren hörte er die Alte sprechen, den Hund bellen, und den Vogel sein Lied wiederholen." ( )
  poingu | Jan 29, 2015 |
We've only read the first story, "Der blonde Eckbert", in school and for once I thought it OK. Nothing really special but not too bad to read either.

Not sure if I'll read "Der Runenberg", but I'm at least considering it for a time when I'm in a very good reading mood. ( )
  Zurpel | Sep 22, 2013 |
Der Runenberg was the subject of my senior thesis for my B.A. in the Honours Division Department of German, Scandinavian and Dutch, at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. I don't remember exactly what it was about, but I'm sure it had something to do with intrusive narrators in German Romanticism, desire and the subconscious, projection and madness, the high vs. low physical space occupied by angelic/virtuous vs. demonic/sexually desireable women, and music. It probably had a lot of Foucault, Lacan, and Barthes in the list of references. I'm sure it was fascinating.... ( )
  gunsofbrixton | Mar 31, 2013 |

Tieck, LudwigAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Nussbächer, Konradsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Der blonde Echbert: In einer Gegend des Harzes wohnte ein Ritter, den man gewöhnlich nur den blonden Eckbert nannte.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,162,046 books! | Top bar: Always visible