Passion Ignites (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant

Passion Ignites (Dark Kings) (edition 2015)

by Donna Grant (Author)

181561,019 (4)None
Member:JanArzooman
Title:Passion Ignites (Dark Kings)
Authors:Donna Grant (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2015), 368 pages

Passion Ignites (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant

When her best friend is murdered by sick red eyed men, the heroine will stop at nothing to seek revenge. Though human and arms with just a knife, she stalks the streets looking for her target, vowing to find the one responsible before the week is up and she's forced to return to the states. But little does she know that she's being watch by a beast of legend. The hero feels a tad bit hopeless currently. No matter how many Dark he and his brethren kill nightly there seems to be 10 more to take it's place. And to top it all off, he's found a beautiful human woman playing vigilantly and gaming with her life. He tries to tell her to back off, for her own safety but she's determined to get even. That is until she's rocked with a serious illness. The hero takes her back to the safe house, nurses her, cares for her and starts to crave her like no other woman he's ever craved before. When she awakens, however, he knows he has to remain detached. Everyone he's ever loved has meet a violent end just by being associated with him, so desperate yearning for the heroine, he keeps his distance. The heroine is turn realizes just how much danger she was truly in when she discovers the man she's been hunting isn't a man at all but rather a Dark Fae. So, she accepts the hero's vow and promise to see the Fae killed and no longer hunts the red eyes herself. But now she's involved in their world and being sent home unprotected and vulnerable isn't an option anymore. The hero is also losing the battle to keep himself from falling for her and she doesn't make it easy especially when she doesn't run from his dragon form. But when the safe place the hero thought would protect his mate is attacked and she is taken, he must do everything in his power to see her returned. This book was rather slow and I can't say much is the way of plot as it was focused more so on Rhi and the Dark Fae rather than on the two main characters themselves. Really, it was just the heroine in the house and the hero out killing Fae-then the two of them getting it on. Maybe a little bit flat in terms of excitement but that didn't stop me from sort of liking this book. Maybe it was the intelligent heroine who accepted her strengths and weakness and knew when she was outmatched. Or maybe it was the calm, level headed hero who tried to see her safe in any way he could only to discover the only true safe place there was was in his arms. Together they had a healthy dose of chemistry though nothing out of this world passionate and I found their personalities to be well suited and believable. Again, it wasn't a stellar novel and certainly nowhere need the best the author has written but I can say that I liked it well enough. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
Part 1

4 out of 5 stars
Review by: Stacy Palm

This is the first book I've read from Donna Grant, however, I've been watching her career for years. I'm so glad I finally picked up one of her books and that is in part due to the way she is releasing this novel, in four short parts. Man, does this hook you in to the story!

Now I don't know anything about this "world", but I was able to quickly jump in and not feel like I was sinking. Sure, there are some background situations I'm missing, but the author does a really good job of not making you feel like you’re missing anything.

This is an exciting story in which the Dragon Kings are trying to save our world from the Dark Fae who seem bent on starting a new fae war. It is a unique venture into the dark paranormal romance that I love. The men are muscled and oh so dreamy. Being part 1 of 4 makes it a quick afternoon read, which I really enjoyed, but I'm also very glad I had part 2 on hand (because I immediately continued into it.

Part 2

This is the second book I've read from Donna Grant having read part 1 of this four part novel. I'm so glad I finally picked up one of her books and that is in part due to the way she is releasing this novel, in four short parts. Man, does this hook you in to the story!

Now I didn't know anything about this "world" until I started reading part one of this book, but I was able to quickly jump in and not feel like I was sinking. Sure, there are some background situations I'm missing, but the author does a really good job of not making you feel like you’re missing anything. There does seem to be more characters in this part that appear to have a history within this series that I'm not aware of, but Grant does a great job of keeping me informed without boring me with unexplained details.

Donna Grant is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,326,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible