Circle Round: Raising Children in Goddess…

Circle Round: Raising Children in Goddess Traditions

by Starhawk, Diane Baker (Author), Anne Hill (Author)

Recently added byprivate library, CorinasQuill, uuabq, MVUCLSG, fusplibrary, LaBuonaVitaUSA

I absolutely LOVE this book. It can be read from cover to cover or dipped into whenever you need an idea. Another reviewer mentioned they found it lacking, I found it completely the opposite - an excellent springboard for creating family traditions centred around Pagan beliefs.

The way to approach this book is to not see it as a textbook. If you want to know "What should I do as a Pagan parent?" then this is probably not the book for you. If however you want to know "What could I do as a Pagan parent?" then this is a fabulous resource. There are some wonderful ideas for holding child-friendly Sabbat celebrations, including children in rituals and helping them create their own rituals. There are songs, music, recipes, short stories, plus ideas for specific rituals such as first blood, entering manhood, pregnancy and birth.

Whenever I'm stuck for ideas with my son (two and a half and a total firecracker) I flip through Circle Round and it hasn't failed me yet. Thoroughly recommended for all who are bringing up the earth-worshippers of tomorrow! ( )
  Ghostlove | Apr 12, 2008 |
While this book has some good suggestions for raising children in Wicca, it seemed to be lacking almost everything I was looking for in a Pagam Parenting book. ( )
  kaelirenee | Nov 27, 2007 |
Wonderful resource book for ritual planning, childhood education, etc. Also a good resource for the new witch who is still learning about the Sabbats, etc. For groups who like to include crafts in their rituals, this is a good resource even for the adults. The companion CD is fantastic and we often listen to it in the car. Easy chants that adults enjoy as much as the kids. ( )
  lkrough2 | Feb 10, 2007 |
An excellent book with lots of stories, songs and projects. ( )
  EvaElisabeth | Dec 17, 2006 |

Starhawkprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Baker, DianeAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hill, AnneAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0553378058, Paperback)

The 20th-century reclamation of Goddess traditions has evolved from a small counterculture revolution of the mid-1900s to the birthright of an entire generation of children and young teenagers. However, the parents--who were adults when they first turned to paganism--are discovering that raising children in a pagan tradition can prove difficult amidst the near void of resources to assist them in teaching this way of life. Relying on age-old learning methods, such as songs and storytelling, Circle Round fills this void with techniques that are truly rooted in traditions. This priceless resource offers guidelines for helping children discover the different facets of the Goddess tradition--from altars to sabbats--and suggests recipes, creative projects, and other activities resuscitating the values of family in our latchkey society. --Brian Patterson

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:40:31 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,670,711 books! | Top bar: Always visible