Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Thinking Points: Communicating Our American Values and Vision
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0374530904, Paperback)
Two years ago George Lakoff published the bestselling Don’t Think of an Elephant! Its account of the conservative monopoly on effective framing touched off a national discussion about political language. It also gave rise to a chorus of pleas for more:
* What is the progressive vision of America;
* Why progressive values are America’s values;
* How frames are necessary to serve the truth;
* Why sloganeering alone doesn’t work;
* How progressives trap themselves and how they can escape those traps; and
* How political arguments and narratives can be put together to counter the Right.
Thinking Points satisfies that call with a bold, concise, and systematic explanation of how conservatives think and use language—and how progressives can fight back . Lakoff and the Rockridge Institute offer a new understanding of the so-called political center and explain why the most effective way to appeal to those who identify themselves as moderates or conservatives is to remain true to progressive values.
This book is essential reading for anyone who wants to participate in shaping an America that serves the common good.
(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 24 Apr 2011 01:52:07 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.