Jigsaw Pony by Jessie Haas

Jigsaw Pony

by Jessie Haas

Other authors: Ying-hwa Hu (Illustrator)

Twins Kiera and Fran have never agreed on anything but when their dream comes true and their father surprises them with a pony, they must learn to work together to care for their new pet.

Jigsaw is a story of two sisters learning to appreciate each other and take responsibility for a horse that needed a home. Through chores and riding practice the sisters bond and grow out of their petty disagreements. As the story goes on the reader comes to find out that Jigsaw is old beyond his years and not up to the fast riding desired by the girls. We learn a lesson about keeping the horse as a pet as opposed to the glue factory alternative and see how the sisters are growing up.
  nathanmannn | Jun 8, 2010 |
Twins Fran and Kiera can't agree on anything - except that they want a horse, very badly. When their mail man father arrives home with a small black and white pony in the back seat of his car, they're thrilled. Except they have to share! With charts to divide chores - they fight over who gets to muck his stall first even with spaghetti straws to determine precedence. But something is not quite right with Jigsaw.... something even lots of love may not be able to correct. Can Fran and Kiera work out their differences for the sake of their pony?

Haas has written another lovely pony book. Although Jigsaw is perhaps a bit too accommodating to be believed - the backseat of the car?! - old ponies certainly do learn to put up with a lot. (I should know - among other things, I dressed my first pony up in a Thoroughbred blanket (reached the ground) tied it on with twine, and decorated him with flowers.) The woven wire fence the illustrator depicted didn't thrill me, either. But those minor details aside, this is a wonderful little easy reader book for new readers with a love of horses. And yes, I was sniffly when I finished it. ( )
  SunnySD | Oct 9, 2008 |

Jessie Haasprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hu, Ying-hwaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,905,104 books! | Top bar: Always visible