Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Crossroads of Twilight

by Robert Jordan

Series: Wheel of Time (10)

Whte world and the characters stand at a crossroads, and as the world approaches twilight, the power of the Shadow grows stronger.
Recently added byprivate library, rhinus, renardeu, mpark6288, jrob236, Schmids, Blackburn-Hill, drwilko

Almost nothing happens. I have no idea why even this is an actual book. Meaningful events could've been a couple of chapters and that's it. ( )
  sami7 | Aug 3, 2020 |
I think I read this in 2003 when it first came out, but now that I'm reading it I'm honestly not sure. This has to be the least memorable book I've ever read. I read 200 pages of it on Sunday and I already forgot what happened. Oh, wait, I remember. Elayne complained about how uncomfortable it is to be pregnant, rearranged her skirts, and folded her arms under her breasts. Perrin swore that nothing was more important than getting Faile back, while scratching his beard. Mat grew increasingly uncomfortable around the Daughter of the Nine Moons, who he is destined to marry, even though she looks like a bald teenage boy.

Repeat, ad nauseum, for 800 pages.

I was so fed up with this book back when I first read it (I think) that I never read book 11, which I now hear is much better. In any case, I'm going to slog through to book 12, where Sanderson takes over, and hope for the best.

CatherineMachineGun | Jul 31, 2020 |
Setups and politics

WoT is no stranger to politics and long arcs... but this book felt less like a book in its own right and more like the middle section of a book. Book 9 had a similar feel but at least did end on a high note.

Spoilers ahead:

In this book no arc was resolved.

Rand came on the scene around the last third of the book and did nothing but meet with Logain and decide to enter a truce with the Seanchan

Elayne did nothing but be pregnant

Mat did nothing but try to make Tuon fall for him... kinda cute but meh

Perryn found the camp but couldn’t attack. He got the most character development though

And in the end, Egwene simply got betrayed and caught

More interesting were the chapters on side characters like Alviarin

5 out of 10 ( )
  Miguel.Arvelo | Jun 9, 2020 |
Neredeyse hiç önemli gelişme olmadı ve Rand'da kitapta çok az yer aldı.Kitabın tek güzel yanı Mat'in bolca yer almasıydı. ( )
  Tobizume | Jun 9, 2020 |
The tenth book of the Wheel of Time series is similar to A Crown of Swords in that there was an overlap between this book and the previous book. Rand and Nynaeve worked together at the end of Winter's Heart to cleanse saidar, and the impact of that effort was noticeable all over the world to anyone who could channel. This was another installment in the series where we spend a lot more time with Rand's friends then we do with him. Perrin gets closer to the Shaido who are holding Faile, Egwene get closer to Tar Valon, Elayne works to secure the throne in Caemlyn, Mat makes his escape from Ebu Dar. Ending on a cliffhanger, I'm looking forward to the next in the series, Knife of Dreams. ( )
  LisaMorr | May 23, 2020 |

Nielsen, Matthew C.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reading, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Russo, CarolCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sweet, Darrell K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ven, Sandra van deTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And it shall come to pass, in the days when the Dark Hunt rides, when the right hand falters and the left hand strays, that mankind shall come to the Crossroads of Twilight and all that is, all that was, and all that will be shall balance on the point of a sword, while the winds of the Shadow grow.
--From The Prophecies of the Dragon translation believed done by Jain Charin, known as Jain Farstrider, shortly before his disappearance
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

---Anonymous fragment of a poem believed written near the end of the previous Age, known by some as the Third Age. Sometimes attributed to the Dragon Reborn.
For Harriet
Then, now, and always
Rodel Ituralde hated waiting, though he well knew it was the largest part of being a soldier.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,544,620 books! | Top bar: Always visible