Amazing Sharks! (I Can Read Book 2) by Sarah…

Amazing Sharks! (I Can Read Book 2) (edition 2006)

by Sarah L. Thomson

357None30,324 (3.81)None
Member:MikeMcQueen
Title:Amazing Sharks! (I Can Read Book 2)
Authors:Sarah L. Thomson
Info:HarperCollins (2006), Paperback, 32 pages
Tags:http://www.GettingBoysToRead.com

Amazing Sharks! by Sarah L. Thomson

Amazing Sharks!, written by Sarah L. Thomson is a level 2 book in the I Can Read series. According to the guide, level 2 consists of "engaging stories, longer sentences, and language play for developing readers." The books real photography is not only engaging, but beautiful. The text introduces an early reader to several different types of sharks, including the Great White, the Whale Shark, and the Cookie-cutter Shark. It also introduces some new vocabulary for young readers, such as predator, prey, and electricity. New vocabulary is followed with a phonetic spelling to help the child sound out the word. In addition to the previous, the book reminds the reader that sharks are important to our oceans and that people must help to protect them. All in all, I found this book interesting, not a wow, but my children enjoyed listening and looking at the pictures. I would recommend to parents or teachers who are working with early readers. ( )
  smoore75 | Jan 29, 2012 |
  BRCSBooks | Oct 14, 2011 |
This is an all you need to know book about sharks. I found it very informative, and I even learned things I was not aware of. What I liked about this was that it introduced vocabulary words to students, and it gave the correct pronunciation. I would read this book out loud if I was doing a science lesson on sharks or during story time. This is also a great book for children to read on their own for daily reading homework. ( )
  jenvid | Sep 20, 2011 |
Such a great book!! My eight year old and five year old really enjoyed it. I love how it broke down words that a student reading this could understand and pronounce it. Pictures were great. Love how there was a detailed picture on each page. It is broken down to teach the child facts about sharks with out overwhelming them. Highly recommennd this book. ( )
  adw1723 | Sep 6, 2010 |
Amazing Sharks is basically what the title says. It is all about sharks. It tells about different kinds of sharks and how big they are. It also talks about the type of food sharks eat and shark pups.

The book is very biased coming from the Wildlife Conservation Society. It makes children want to help the sharks. The books is very easy to read with pronunciation of more difficult words.

In the classroom this book could also be used for a lower level reader with a special interest in sharks. It can be used in science. The more difficult words could be used as vocabulary words.
  ASanner | Jul 23, 2009 |

Did you know that some sharks can . . .

glow in the dark! grow to be as long as a fire truck! lose thousands of teeth during their lives! feel electricity in the water!

Filled with outstanding photographs from the Wildlife Conservation Society, Amazing Sharks! is a new title in an exciting nonfiction I Can Read Book series. The series explores the amazing animals that share our world and how we can help them survive.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:59 -0400)

Text and photographs describe sharks--their different types, behavior, and threats to their survival.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,507,497 books! | Top bar: Always visible